Medical Assistant Job In Vista, California
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - Carlsbad/Vista, CANext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Sherry Duncan: Sign in to view
Direct link to apply! - https://matrixproviders.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/7692e00c-8834-9fb6-55d6-c79ed513250e/apply?source=2234916-CS-46948
Matrix Providers - Caring for America's military family.
We Serve America's military family by aligning exceptional healthcare workers with rewarding career opportunities. Your success is our business.
We are hiring a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) to join our team of talented medical professionals, to conduct a one-time, non-treatment Veteran Disability Exam in Carlsbad, CA.
- Employment Status: Full Time
- Compensation: This is an hourly position compensated from $17.00 to $20.00 per hour.
- Schedule: Monday-Friday; 8:00-5:00pm
- Benefits: Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage. Click here to learn about our benefits packages.
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays (Outlined in Handbook)
- 401(k) Plan
Requirements: The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) must have and meet the following:
- The provider must meet the qualifications to practice as a Certified Medical Assistant
- Capable of performing EKG, PFT, Blood Draws, and ABIs and Cross-trained as a phlebotomist
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal skills and a willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing situations.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Possess organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communicator and customer service and strong attention to detail.
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time, bending, twisting, and occasionally lifting more than 10 pounds.
- All on-site staff and contractors must be fully vaccinated per CDC and state guidelines.
- Prior VA or compensation exam experience is a plus but not required.
- The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) will assist the Practitioner and Physician Assistants in performing one-time, non-treatment compensation and pension exams for Veterans.
- The CMA will perform ancillary services such as:
- Labs (labs will be sent to LabCorp or Quest for testing)
- Pulmonary function tests (PFT) (training provided for all staff performing PFTs).
- Ankle-brachial index (ABI).
- Electrocardiograms (EKG) (EKG manuals are available on location so staff is familiar with the equipment being used.
- Greet the Veterans and show them to the exam room.
- Report any No-Shows.
- Effectively manage office functions (answering the phone, supply inventory, etc.) and maintain the facility tidiness.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Success is our business.
Matrix Providers, founded in 2010 by Dr. Bill Rivard, retired Colonel, is a service-disabled veteran owned business that contracts with government agencies to provide healthcare providers to military and government clinics/hospitals throughout the United States. We employ physicians, allied health, mid-level providers, nurses, assistants, technicians, etc. We offer competitive compensation with a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees and competitive income packages to Part Time and Independent Contractors. Due to working on a military base, in most cases, you can practice with an active/current license in any one of the fifty states.
Thanks for considering Matrix Providers as your future career partner.
Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.