Orthopedic Surgery - General Job In Blacksburg, Virginia
Orthopedic Surgery Opportunity in Blacksburg, VirginiaNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Job Summary:We are seeking an additional orthopedic surgeon to join our hospital employed practice in Blacksburg, Virginia.
- Must be board certified or board eligible
- Join an established, hospital employed orthopedic practice
- The current practice consists of one orthopedic surgeon and two PAs
- Opportunity to participate in graduate medical education through residency programs if desired
- Competitive base salary plus bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health / life / dental insurance and matching 401k
- Paid occurrence based malpractice insurance
- Substantial CME and dues allowance
- Commencement bonus
- Relocation assistance
About the hospital:
- LewisGale Hospital Montgomery is a 146-bed, fully accredited acute-care facility
- Level III Trauma Center
- Continued growth in orthopedic surgery include a $16 million investment in construction of additional ORs, ROSA robotics, and growth from satellite locations and transfers
- Among only 5% of all U.S. hospitals to receive Magnet™ status, the nation’s highest recognition of nursing excellence
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Part of the LewisGale Regional Health System, which includes four hospitals, two cancer centers, and six outpatient centers
- We partner with hundreds of physicians – both independent and employed – who share our common commitment of providing superior, compassionate care and evidence-based medicine. Our network of hospitals consistently ranks among the top in the nation for clinical outcomes and evidence-based clinical processes.
Blacksburg, Virginia is a thriving, vibrant community with highly ranked public schools and universities. Blacksburg is the home of Virginia Tech, VT Corporate Research Center, and the Moss Center for the Arts. Year round outdoor activities include bike greenways, hiking on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and water sports on Claytor Lake and the New River. Blacksburg has been rated the "Number One Town in the U.S. to Raise Children" by Bloomberg Business and the "Best Small Town in the Mid-Atlantic to Practice Medicine" by Medscape.
For additional information, please contact Allison Costantino, physician recruiter, at 540-455-6059 or email@example.com.
Blacksburg, Virginia, a vibrant scenic area nestled in the mountains of southwest Virginia. Home to Virginia Tech, The Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine, and the VT Corporate Research Center the area offers exceptional educational, sporting, and cultural amenities. The area offers ready access to a multitude of outdoor activities: http://www.explorenewrivervalley.com/. Top ranked public schools contribute to Blacksburg’s recent recognition by Bloomberg Business as the best town in the U.S. to raise children.
As one of the four partnering facilities that make up LewisGale Regional Health System, LewisGale Hospital Montgomery is a fully JCAHO-accredited general acute-care center providing medical, surgical, obstetrical, pediatric, emergency, orthopaedic and outpatient services. With 146 beds, LGHM offers comprehensive healthcare for southwest Virginia and is enriched by the financial, technical and professional resources of HCA, the largest non-government hospital organization in the nation. Our mission is to provide patients with personalized treatment and high quality, compassionate care. LewisGale Hospital Montgomery stands among only 5 of all U.S. hospitals to receive Magnet status, the nation’s highest recognition of nursing excellence. Additionally, LGHM’s Emergency Department is a Level III Trauma Center as well as an Accredited Chest Pain Center. The facility also benefits from a free-standing outpatient Imaging Center which features a 64 slice CT, short-bore MRI, cardiac angiography and breast MRI. Surgical services offers a DaVinci Robot.