Interventional Cardiology Job In Dothan, Alabama
Interventional Cardiology Opportunity in Dothan, AL (82 miles to Panama City Beach!)Next Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Elizabeth Hemping: Sign in to view
Dothan, Alabama 36305 Type of Facility: Hospital
Flowers Hospital located in Dothan, AL is seeking a BE/BC Interventional Cardiologist to join a Hospital-Employed multi-specialty group. Dothan is only 82 miles from Panama City Beach, FL and 30A!
- Large underserved population with massive out-sized earning potential!
- Inpatient and outpatient practice.1:5 unassigned call, but will be reduced as we add physicians
- Currently have 2 IC, 1 IC/Structural, and one EP (CRM only). Actively hiring all specialties.
- Building large employed outpatient general cardiology group to feed proceduralists
- Brand new beautiful 15K sq/ft cardiology clinic under development with ancillaries located at the city’s busiest intersection!
- Opportunity to be hospital employed or join an independent practice
- Huge service area of 350,000 people covering southern AL, western GA, and northern FL
- 3 Interventional Suites to include one Hybrid room and 2 workhorse diagnostic/interventional rooms. One 1 full service EP lab equipped with diagnostic and RF ablation as well as Carto EP system. All rooms Anesthesia ready. Hybrid and EP lab equipped with Anesthesia Carts. Diagnostic lab with: Echo, Nuclear, Stress testing, and Cardiac ultrasound
- Large cardiac rehab gym and experienced nursing team. Cardiac Rehabilitation program accreditation by American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Open heart surgery back-up 24/7. Dedicated cardiac care floor and cardiac ICU. High nursing longevity and low turn-over
- Supported by financially successful 235-bed tertiary hospital with strong community loyalty and exceptional payor mix
- Well respected cardiology program with seasoned physicians, technicians, nurses, and leaders
- Chest Pain Center with PCI and Heart Failure accreditation by American College of Cardiology.
- J-1 Waiver Candidates welcome.AL State-30 J-1 Visa Waivers are usually available every year!
- High pay and very low cost of living. Southern charm and hospitality. Low crime. Close to major cities and beaches.
Comprehensive Financial Package may include the following:
- Competitive Salary (based on MGMA guidelines)
- Commencement bonus
- Incentive bonus based on WRUVs
- Medical Education Debt Assistance
- Residency/Fellowship Stipend (if applicable)
- Relocation expenses
- Vacation, health, dental, vision benefits
- Licensure, Dues, Subscriptions
- Tenure bonuses
Flowers Hospital is a 235-bed healthcare facility offering inpatient, outpatient, medical, surgical, diagnostic and emergency care for the Dothan community. We believe in the power of people to create great care. We're 1,350 healthcare professionals strong. We are a major referral center for the Tri-State area of south Alabama, southwest Georgia and northwest Florida. And we work hard every day to be a place of healing, caring and connection for patients and families in the community we call home.
Dothan is a wonderful community of approximately 70,000 residents. The work-week population, however, grows to almost 300,000 which would allow any new specialty provider to enter into a busy practice early on. Dothan has low crime rates and is an excellent community to raise a family with affordable housing. Dothan has an airport that offers multiple flights per day into and out of Atlanta, GA. Dothan is also within a 1.5 hour drive to the beautiful beaches of Destin and Panama City Beach, FL.
Located a few short miles from the state lines of Florida and Georgia, Dothan is one of the region's most progressive cities. The community offers a mild winter climate, affordable housing, low property taxes, and a wide variety of products and services that includes healthcare, education, shopping and cultural entertainment.
Flowers Hospital has served the healthcare needs of the Wiregrass for over 50 years. The facility is not only an important resource for the Dothan community, it also functions as a major referral center for the Tri-State area of south Alabama, southwest Georgia, and northwest Florida.
By combining responsible personnel, modern equipment and supplies, effective management, sophisticated support services, up-to-date professional education programs, and a staff of over 240 physicians, Flowers Hospital is able to assure its patients of quality health care.
Originally opened as a family-operated 12-bed clinic/hospital, Flowers has undergone several subsequent expansions, and in 1983, moved into its current facility. Through its growth, Flowers has remained committed to its mission of "treating our patients as if they are family." Today, Flowers Hospital continues the tradition of maintaining a strong relationship with the community in which it serves.
Flowers Hospital is a 235-bed regional medical referral center in Dothan, Ala., serving the 450,000 people living within a 50-mile, 16-county radius. The hospital has 235 acute-care beds, four Intensive Care Units (Medical, Surgical, Cardiac Care and Cardiovascular), and 38 Outpatient Surgery beds. The hospital offers a wide range of services, including Diagnostics, 24-hour Emergency Services, Medical Units, Behavioral Health, Physical Therapy/Sports Medicine, Women's Center - Breastcare, Inpatient/Outpatient Surgery including Gastric Bypass Surgery, ENT, Orthopedic, Gynecology and General Surgery, Special Procedures, Medical Units, Food & Nutrition Counseling and a Maternity Center.