Hospitalist Job In Traverse City, Michigan
Medical Director / Post Acute PhysicianNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Join the Next Generation of Physician Leaders!
Sound Physicians is seeking exceptional candidates for an opportunity to assist in leading transitional care programs in Traverse City, Michigan. Our physicians and advanced practice providers all strive to improve quality, and we work hard to replicate their best ideas across the organization to improve outcomes for more than one million patients cared for by Sound Physicians annually. Our commitment to improving outcomes for patients is rooted in our ability to attract exceptional people. Great people, coupled with the right tools and development, are how we positively impact healthcare quality, one patient at a time, for millions of patients each year. Our model is designed to ensure you have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that enables our organization to drive improved outcomes.
- You will perform intake H&Ps, formulate and order appropriate treatment plans and interface with facility nursing and ancillary staff, patients, and families
- Collaborate with and oversee NP/PAs who perform routine, periodic, and as-needed visits
- Benefit from utilizing the robust data reporting that Sound Physicians provides leaders with to continuously improve operations
- Dedicated physician-led team for professional education through in-person and online modules on the SoundInstitute™ with a great emphasis on learning and development
- Develop into a Sound Physicians partner through Path to Partnership™
Through People, We Make A Difference
With a high-touch approach, Sound helps ensure proper progress on a plan of care and identify any early warning signs for readmissions. As part of our comprehensive episode of care strategy, our team of SNFist physicians manages the care of our patients discharged from our hospitalist programs. Our post-acute program will provide extensive administrative and logistical support to the providers as well as portable technology and flexible scheduling.
- Covers both the Medilodge GTC and Villa at Traverse Point.
- Work in a team-centered environment
- Shared on-call among all providers
- Schedule: 4 – 5 days per week; 8 am – 5 pm
- PTO and paid holidays
Requirements of the Post-Acute Physician
- MD or DO is required; Board-certification or board-eligible internal medicine or family medicine
- Experience working with the geriatric population in a post-acute setting preferred
- Ability to work as a team member
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Familiar and skilled with using EMRs
Location & Lifestyle
Located on Lake Michigan’s Grand Traverse Bay, Traverse City is the economic and cultural hub of northern lower Michigan. It has a national reputation as one of the most desirable communities in which to live and work. Four seasons of outdoor recreation from boating, biking, golfing to skiing. There is extensive culture and arts with the world-renowned Interlochen Center for the Arts, Dennos Art Museum, Art galleries, and art festivals, including the National Cherry Festival. It is also an award-winning food and wine destination.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.