Physical Therapy Assistant Job In Bethesda, Maryland
Physical Therapy Assistant - Bethesda, Maryland (MPI23)Next Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Bethesda, Maryland 20889
Caring for America’s military family.
Matrix Providers serves government agencies with the commitment to improving performance in the government’s contracted medical staffing system. Founded in 2010 by Dr. Bill Rivard, a retired Army Colonel, Matrix Providers has achieved an unprecedented 99.4% placement rate despite taking on some of the government’s most challenging requirements. Trusted by the Department of Defense, we have consistently received high-quality management and customer service ratings since 2012. With corporate staff covering 4,961 miles and six time zones, we’re never far away in time, place, or commitment.
Matrix Providers is potentially hiring a Physical Therapy Assistant to join our team of talented professionals who provide healthcare services to our Military Service Members and their families in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Employment Status: Full-time.
- Compensation: This is a salaried position, paid bi-weekly.
- Schedule: Monday-Friday, 6:00 AM-4:30 PM. Depending on clinical need, may include Saturdays or Sundays, 7:00 AM-4:30 PM.
- Benefits: Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage. Click here to learn about our benefits packages.
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays (Outlined in Handbook)
- 401(k) Plan
Requirements: The Physical Therapy Assistant must have and meet the following:
- Degree: Associate's Degree.
- Education: Graduate from a college or university accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- Experience: One year of experience as a Physical Therapy Assistant after graduation.
- License: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a physical therapy assistant or possess current certification as a physical therapy assistant/technician as determined by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA).
- Carry out a program of corrective exercise and treatment for assigned patients, as directed by the physical therapist. Under supervision, administer such treatment as exercise, gait training, massage, whirlpool, hot packs, diathermy, ultrasound, paraffin, ice packs, and traction. Instruct patients on program segments, including proper use of wheelchairs, crutches, braces, and prosthetic appliances and devices.
- Administer traction to relieve neck and back pain using intermittent and static traction equipment. Instruct, motivate, and assist patients in learning and improving functional activities.
- Observe patients during treatments, compile and evaluate data on patients' responses to treatments and progress, and report orally or in writing to the physical therapist.
- Fit patients for, adjust, and train patients in the use and care of orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, walkers, and wheelchairs.
- Confer with members of the physical therapy staff and other health team members, individually and in the conference, to exchange, discuss, and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment programs. Coordinate with other departments and the clinic staff to provide complete care to patients.
Matrix Providers is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please see https://matrixproviders.com/accessibility-eeo-disclaimer. To learn more about our benefits packages, please see https://matrixproviders.com/benefits.
Matrix Providers endeavors to make www.matrixproviders.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please get in touch with our Recruiting Hotline Number, 1-877-807-8277, TTY LINE, 385-722-8109. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Your Success is our business.
Matrix Providers, founded in 2010 by Dr. Bill Rivard, retired Colonel, is a service-disabled veteran owned business that contracts with government agencies to provide healthcare providers to military and government clinics/hospitals throughout the United States. We employ physicians, allied health, mid-level providers, nurses, assistants, technicians, etc. We offer competitive compensation with a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees and competitive income packages to Part Time and Independent Contractors. Due to working on a military base, in most cases, you can practice with an active/current license in any one of the fifty states.
Thanks for considering Matrix Providers as your future career partner.
Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.