RN Job In Valparaiso, Florida
Registered Nurse (RN) - Eglin AFB
This job was posted 7 days ago. Be one of the first 5 applicants.
Valparaiso, Florida 32542
Caring for America's military family.
Matrix Providers serves government agencies with the commitment to improving performance in the government's contracted medical staffing system. Founded in 2010 by Dr. Bill Rivard, a retired Army Colonel, Matrix Providers has achieved an unprecedented 99.4% placement rate despite taking on some of the government's most challenging requirements. Trusted by the Department of Defense, we have consistently received high-quality management and customer service ratings since 2012. With corporate staff covering 4,961 miles and six time zones, we're never far away in time, place, or commitment.
Matrix Providers is hiring a Registered Nurse (RN) for Occupational Medicine with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Employment Status: Full Time
- Compensation: This is an hourly position.
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, between 6:30 am and 5:30 pm
- Benefits: Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Holidays (Outlined in Handbook)
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO)
Requirements: The Registered Nurse (RN) must have and meet the following:
- Degree: Associate's Degree in Nursing.
- Education: Graduate from a college or university accredited by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Experience: One year of experience in nursing after graduation.
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Assist with scheduling Occupational Medicine examinations and visits for Occupational Medicine physicians or Flight Surgeons.
- Performs Occupational/Industrial shop visits to various locations on Eglin AFB and Duke Field, in conjunction with other members of the Occupational Health Program team or alone. Authors' shop visit reports are tracked in the weekly Flight Medicine Grounding Management Meeting and the OEHWG.
- Performs various duties related to other portions of the 96th Aerospace Medicine
Squadron/96 AMDS, to include but not limited to Flight Medicine Program, Health and Wellness Program, or Public Health Program as directed by Occupational Medicine Physician, Flight Medicine Commander, or AMDS/CC.
- Provides direct patient care services for patients assigned to the Occupational Health Clinic in the MTF. The HCW shall be required to assist in treating patients enrolled in all out-patient clinics assigned to the MTF when required by the Flight Commander to ensure accessibility standards are met during deployments, unscheduled absences, or when limited technician staffing dictates.
- Synthesizes information and makes appropriate clinical decisions using a wide
variety of data sources, specifically patient response, physician and nurse progress
notes, interdisciplinary consultations, results of tests/procedures, and applicable
guidelines and standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development and pathophysiology of
disease processes specific to the unit population to include all ages, from newborns
- Documents patient condition, including nursing assessment/reassessment, planning, interventions, evaluation, outcomes, patient/family teaching, and follow
- Sets up and operates intravenous infusion pumps and monitors specialized
equipment and other medical equipment.
- Trains orientates, and evaluates duty performance of newly assigned personnel as appropriate and maintains accountability for making patient care assignments
based on the scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please see https://matrixproviders.com/accessibility-eeo-disclaimer. To learn more about our Benefits Packages, please see https://matrixproviders.com/benefits.
Matrix Providers endeavors to make www.matrixproviders.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please get in touch with our Recruiting Hotline Number, 1-877-807-8277, TTY LINE, 385-722-8109. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Your Success is our business.
Matrix Providers, founded in 2010 by Dr. Bill Rivard, retired Colonel, is a service-disabled veteran owned business that contracts with government agencies to provide healthcare providers to military and government clinics/hospitals throughout the United States. We employ physicians, allied health, mid-level providers, nurses, assistants, technicians, etc. We offer competitive compensation with a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees and competitive income packages to Part Time and Independent Contractors. Due to working on a military base, in most cases, you can practice with an active/current license in any one of the fifty states.
Thanks for considering Matrix Providers as your future career partner.
Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.