Family Medicine Job In Blacksburg, Virginia
Academic Family Practice Inpatient/Outpatient Opportunity in VirginiaNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Family Medicine without OB
Job Summary:Our Family Medicine residency program in Blacksburg, Virginia is seeking an additional faculty physician. This position will be a mix of inpatient hospitalist and outpatient clinic.
- Must be board eligible/board certified in family medicine
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- ICU management experience preferred
- Full-time position GME faculty role with our established Family Medicine residency program
- 10 days/month inpatient; 5 days/month outpatient
- Competitive base salary plus bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Paid malpractice insurance
- LewisGale Hospital Montgomery is a 146-bed acute care facility
- Level III Trauma Center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Among only 5% of all U.S. hospitals to receive Magnet™ status, the nation’s highest recognition of nursing excellence
- The LewisGale Regional Health System includes four hospitals, two cancer centers, and six outpatient centers
- We partner with hundreds of physicians – both independent and employed – who share our common commitment of providing superior, compassionate care and evidence-based medicine. Our network of hospitals consistently ranks among the top in the nation for clinical outcomes and evidence-based clinical processes.
Blacksburg is a thriving, vibrant community with highly ranked public schools and universities. We are the home to Virginia Tech, the VT Corporate Research Center and VT Moss Center for the Arts. Outdoor activities abound, including greenways, hiking on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and water sports on Claytor Lake and the New River. Blacksburg was rated the "Number One Town in the U.S. to Raise Children" by Bloomberg Business and "Best Small Town in Mid-Atlantic to Practice Medicine" by Medscape.
For more information, please contact Allison Costantino at 540-455-6059 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blacksburg, Virginia, a vibrant scenic area nestled in the mountains of southwest Virginia. Home to Virginia Tech, The Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine, and the VT Corporate Research Center the area offers exceptional educational, sporting, and cultural amenities. The area offers ready access to a multitude of outdoor activities: http://www.explorenewrivervalley.com/. Top ranked public schools contribute to Blacksburg’s recent recognition by Bloomberg Business as the best town in the U.S. to raise children.
As one of the four partnering facilities that make up LewisGale Regional Health System, LewisGale Hospital Montgomery is a fully JCAHO-accredited general acute-care center providing medical, surgical, obstetrical, pediatric, emergency, orthopaedic and outpatient services. With 146 beds, LGHM offers comprehensive healthcare for southwest Virginia and is enriched by the financial, technical and professional resources of HCA, the largest non-government hospital organization in the nation. Our mission is to provide patients with personalized treatment and high quality, compassionate care. LewisGale Hospital Montgomery stands among only 5 of all U.S. hospitals to receive Magnet status, the nation’s highest recognition of nursing excellence. Additionally, LGHM’s Emergency Department is a Level III Trauma Center as well as an Accredited Chest Pain Center. The facility also benefits from a free-standing outpatient Imaging Center which features a 64 slice CT, short-bore MRI, cardiac angiography and breast MRI. Surgical services offers a DaVinci Robot.