Ophthalmic Technician Job In Bethesda, Maryland
Ophthalmology Technician/TechnologistNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Bethesda, Maryland 20889
Matrix Providers - Caring for America's military family.
Not just leading the way, but leading the industry. Your success is our business.
Matrix Providers is hiring an Ophthalmology Technician/Technologist to join our team of talented professionals who provide healthcare services to our Military Service Members and their families in Bethesda, MD.
- Employment Status: Full-time
- Compensation: $25.50/hr
- Schedule: Shifts shall be 8.5 hours long, with 30 minutes for lunch, not exceeding 40 per week. Shift hours are typically 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Benefits: Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
Requirements: The Ophthalmology Technician/Technologist must have and meet the following:
Degree/Education: Certificate; Complete an ophthalmology technician or an optometric technician course
Certifications in addition to Basic Life Support (BLS): Must maintain JCAHPO Certification and BLS Certification
Experience: One year of experience as an Ophthalmic Technician/Technologist after graduation.
Board Certification: Possess and maintain current certification as a Certified OphthalmicAssistant (COA), Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT), or Certified Ophthalmic Medical Technologist (COMT) by the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology or a completed formal ophthalmic training program in the United States Armed Forces
- Provide a wide variety of duties to assist the optometrist/ophthalmologist as appropriate to the level of certification (i.e., COA, COT, or COMT).
- Obtain patient histories, perform prescription verification, and maintain patient records.
- Assist in testing patient vision. Test far and near acuity, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and color perception.
- Examine the eye, using a slit lamp, for abnormalities of the cornea and anterior and posterior chambers.
- Apply drops to anesthetize, dilate, or medicate eyes.
- Measure intraocular pressure of eyes (glaucoma test).
- Test the field of vision for defects, including central and peripheral vision, and chart test results on graph paper.
- Measure the axial length of the eye using ultrasound equipment.
- Instruct patients concerning eye care and contact lens handling.
Matrix Providers is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please see https://matrixproviders.com/accessibility-eeo-disclaimer. To learn more about our Benefits Packages, please see https://matrixproviders.com/benefits.
Matrix Providers endeavors to make www.matrixproviders.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact our Recruiting Hotline Number, 1-877-807-8277, TTY LINE, 385-722-8109. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Your Success is our business.
Matrix Providers, founded in 2010 by Dr. Bill Rivard, retired Colonel, is a service-disabled veteran owned business that contracts with government agencies to provide healthcare providers to military and government clinics/hospitals throughout the United States. We employ physicians, allied health, mid-level providers, nurses, assistants, technicians, etc. We offer competitive compensation with a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees and competitive income packages to Part Time and Independent Contractors. Due to working on a military base, in most cases, you can practice with an active/current license in any one of the fifty states.
Thanks for considering Matrix Providers as your future career partner.
Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.