Nurse Practitioner Job In Richmond, Virginia
Critical Care APP Opportunity in Richmond, VANext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Job Summary:Recruiting for an experienced intensivist nurse practitioner or physician assistant to join our employed ICC (Intensive Care Consortium) for the medical staff of Henrico Doctors Hospital in Richland, VA.
- Acute care nurse practitioner or physician assistant certification
- Two years of hospital experience in the ICU preferred, but new grads encouraged to apply
- Must be proficient with, and credentialed to perform routine Critical Care procedures including central and arterial line placement, thoracentesis, intubations and management of mechanical ventilation, work independently, and be able to carry a minimum patient load of 8-10 patients per shift.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, physicians and administration
- Competitive compensation with occurrence based malpractice coverage
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Be part of a supportive and energetic team
- 340-bed community hospital
- 24 ICU beds with a mix of 12-bed SICU and 12-bed MICU
- 24/7 adult and dedicated ER
- Level II Trauma Center
- Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute
- The Women’s Hospital - delivers more babies than any other hospital in Central Virginia
- Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery Center
- The Heart Center
- Primary Stroke Center
- Virginia Renal Transplant Center
Richmond is a wonderful place to practice medicine and raise a family with a reasonable cost of living. With a metropolitan area population of over one million, Richmond offers a great balance of big city excitement and small-town charm. The area abounds with parks, nationally recognized school systems, and innumerable recreation and cultural activities. Richmond’s minimal traffic congestion, makes the Atlantic Ocean, Washington, DC and the Blue Ridge Mountains easily accessible within a two-hour drive.
Richmond, the capital of the Commonwealth of Virginia, has a metropolitan population of approximately 1.2 million people. Richmond is a city deep in history with terrific neighborhoods, museums and festivals year round. The city also boasts the first state-supported art museum in the United States and the Southeast's largest museum, the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. With easy access to Interstates 95 and 64, Washington, DC, Virginia's beaches and the Blue Ridge Mountains are all less than two hours away. In Richmond, you will find a wealth of small-town charm and big-city amenities woven into a landscape catering to all walks of life. The area enjoys four distinct seasons, including one of the most remarkable displays of fall foliage along the Eastern seaboard.
Henrico Doctors' Hospital, with three campuses (Forest, Parham and Retreat), is a 767-bed acute-care hospital offering state-of-the-art medical technology in a community hospital setting. Part of the HCA Virginia Health System, Henrico has been named one of America's 50 Best Hospitals and the #1 hospital for stroke care in Virginia by HealthGrades. Henrico has also received HealthGrades' five-star award for joint replacement (total knee and total hip replacement) and for cardiac surgery (coronary bypass and valve replacement). An accredited Chest Pain Center, Henrico Doctor's Hospital provides a full-range of emergency, medical, surgical and rehabilitative care with advanced offerings in cardiac care, women's health, oncology, orthopedics, diagnostic imaging and minimally invasive robotic surgery. We're the only hospital in Virginia that has initiated a fetal surgery program for our tiniest patients. We have also performed more da Vinci robotic surgeries than any other facility in Virginia.
Henrico Doctors' is a Solucient® 100 Top Hospital and is a national leader in kidney transplants. We received the National Research Corporation's Consumer Choice Award rating as the best hospital in the area for our reputation and quality of care. Our latest technology includes the use of 3.0 Tesla Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), which offers advanced image quality and improved patient comfort for whole body scanning. We are the first hospital in the Richmond area to use this technology to detect and diagnose disease.