Administration & Executive Job In Lawton, Oklahoma
Director of Med/Surg and Swing Bed Units (Perm) RNNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Jason Talbot: Sign in to view
Seeking a dynamic, energetic, and enthusiastic nursing leader to develop and sustain a department of excellence in a 4 Star Medical Center.
The RN Director of Medical-Surgical & Swing-bed services holds 24-hour accountability to supervise and provide direct patient care by utilization of the nursing process in accordance with established policies and procedures of Southwestern Medical Center. Develops and maintains timely clinical competencies through continuing education. Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates staff member competencies though PI projects, patient care outcomes, customer satisfaction surveys, etc. Assists in the achievement of the financial and operational objectives of the hospital. Compliance is required with EEOC regulations, Federal, State, and Labor Laws and Regulations, and the Code of Conduct. Fully participates in the recruiting and retention of staff.
- Provides dynamic, enthusiastic, proactive leadership.
- Identifies existing and potential challenges and seeks/ implements appropriate and innovative solutions.
- Oversees delivery and improvement of care delivery.
- Creates and sustains a strong, solid department of excellence with committed caregivers.
- Cooperates and communicates well with all encounters, internal & external.
- Recruits, develops, and retains quality staff.
- Drives change and positivity in the department and medical center.
- ACLS, PALS
- 2+ years leadership experience in an acute care setting
- Preference will be given to candidates with advanced certifications, degrees and experience with Meditech and SAP
Lawton, Oklahoma is your passport to adventure. Learn area history at The Museum of the Great Plains, which features archaeological and cultural artifacts and a trading post replica. Read a chapter of Oklahoma's rich military history at Fort Sill National Historic Landmark & Museum, an active Army fort established in 1869, where you'll find a museum that's comprised of 26 historic buildings and the gravesite of famous Apache chief, Geronimo. No trip to Lawton would be complete without a hike or drive through the scenic Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge & Visitor's Center to see buffalo, elk and deer graze.
- Solid local economy with diverse & stable base.
- Reasonable cost of living including housing & energy.
- Broad range of recreational and entertainment activities.
- Strong benefits package.