Radiologic Technologist Job In Salinas, California
Radiologic Technologist- AngiographyNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Avneesh Seth: Sign in to view
On call hours:
Tue & Thurs 4:30pm-Midnight
Location: Salinas, CA
1. Performs at least two separate modality diagnostic radiographic and fluoroscopic procedures such as: CT’s, angiography of the following areas: neuro, abdominal, chest and extremities. Assists physicians in performing other fluoroscopic procedures as needed.
2. Cares for patients during procedures by assisting them to rest rooms, giving them blankets, etc. Prepares patients for their exams.
3. Monitors patient condition pre and post-procedure and reports changes in the patient's condition to others for follow-up.
4. Transports patients by stretcher, bed, wheelchair, or walking. Provides care for patients during transportation and in the department, if necessary.
5. Assists patients by lifting and moving them off and on the x-ray table. Provides bedpans and urinals as needed. Assures that patients are properly dressed for their procedures.
6. Performs related duties such as reporting equipment malfunctions, assists others, and special assignments. Cleans work area and replenishes supplies.
7. Assists with emergency medical treatment under physician direction.
8. Assists with the scheduling of patient exams.
9. Attends regularly scheduled department meetings and in-services.
10. Technologist may give contrast medias and may flush lines with normal saline contrast/normal saline.
11. Under direct supervision of the Radiologist, the technologist may pull Xilocaine for procedure.
12. Under direct supervision of the Radiologist, the technologist may use heparinized saline to flush catheters.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
VIR Healthway is backed by the strength of the VIR Consultant brand built on the core principles of Value, Integrity, and Results. We are a Healthcare Staffing Solutions provider with a proven track record of delivering unparalleled accountability and exceptional experiences at every touchpoint. We understand healthcare is a dynamic industry that requires specialized talent and expertise. As such, we are all about building trustworthy relationships with service providers and facilities, providing them both with the best workforce solutions through excellent partnerships.