Pathology Job In Richmond, Virginia
Associate Pathology Opportunity in Richmond, VirginiaNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Pathology Anatomic and Clinical
Job Summary:HCA Healthcare is seeking an associate pathologist to join Forward Pathology Solutions to work in their pathology lab, serving the campuses of HCA Hospitals in the Richmond, Virginia Market.
About the Practice:
- Pathology department provides services to the Richmond Market
- Hematopathologist training preferred
- Benefit of a large pathology network to support high quality care
- Pathology team includes physicians, Pathology Assistant and excellent support staff
- CP/AP call duties required; Call requirements are light
- AP/CP Board Certification or Board Eligible (required)
- Virginia license or FCVS in place
- Excellent surgical pathology skills for daily sign-out; Ability to prioritize cases and tasks
- Participation in local tumor boards
- Strong communicator, collaborator and quality driven
- Team player who enjoys discussing cases with colleagues, and strong curiosity and openness to learn
- This is a newly created position
- Will be based at the soon to open core lab, based in Richmond, VA
- Position will primarily read cases for LewisGale Medical Center, and have procedure responsibilties in the Richmond area.
- Full time position that offers comprehensive benefits package
- Malpractice coverage provided
Richmond, the capital of the Commonwealth of Virginia, has a metropolitan population of approximately 1.2 million people. Richmond is a city deep in history with terrific neighborhoods, museums and festivals year round. The city also boasts the first state-supported art museum in the United States and the Southeast's largest museum, the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. With easy access to Interstates 95 and 64, Washington, DC, Virginia's beaches and the Blue Ridge Mountains are all less than two hours away. In Richmond, you will find a wealth of small-town charm and big-city amenities woven into a landscape catering to all walks of life. The area enjoys four distinct seasons, including one of the most remarkable displays of fall foliage along the Eastern seaboard.
CJW Medical Center is not just a community hospital. It is one of the largest facilities in the nation's largest hospital systems, HCA. With 748 beds and two medical campuses, CJW admits more patients, delivers more babies, and performs more heart surgeries than any other hospital in Richmond.
Each campus provides a wide range of services, but specialty programs have been established at one hospital or the other - not both. The Chippenham campus has a heart hospital and Tucker Pavilion, a behavioral health center. The Johnston-Willis campus has cancer, neuroscience, and rehabilitation centers. Both campuses have state-designated trauma centers. Taking this approach allows CJW to develop clinical programs that are stronger than they would otherwise be.