Cardiology Job In San Antonio, Texas
Director ACHD - TexasNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Requisition ID: 2022-37510
Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Specialty: Physician - Pediatric Cardiologist
Position Type: Full Time
HR Rep / Recruiter: Caroline Martell
Well-established, comprehensive pediatric cardiology practice seeks a BC/BE adult congenital cardiologist to serve as ACHD program director
- Pediatrix-Cardiology of San Antonio is the largest and most sub-specialized pediatric cardiology practice in San Antonio with 10 board certified pediatric cardiologists, including 1 other adult congenital physician, and 3 advanced practice providers
- Potential candidates should be board certified/board eligible in adult congenital heart disease or have significant experience in caring for this specialized patient population.
- Inpatient consult and call responsibilities shared with 7 other cardiologists.
- Opportunity for leadership within the adult congenital service line and inpatient congenital heart program.
- Applicants finishing fellowship to those with several years of adult congenital experience will be considered.
About the Area
San Antonio is the 7th largest city in the country and one of the fastest growing areas in the United States. It is a very welcoming city for families and individuals alike. With 300 days of sunshine a year, the area affords plenty of opportunities to take in the outdoors year-round. We are 30 minutes from the beautiful Texas Hill Country and 2 hours from the Texas Coast. San Antonio has well established large natural parks and greenways throughout the city, with miles of walking, biking and hiking opportunities. Further outdoor activities lie just beyond the city corridor. The city of San Antonio is rich in educational opportunities, vast in the arts and cultural heritage, and offers a large variety of public, charter and private schools.
Adult Congenital Heart Cardiologist
Benefits and Compensation
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
- Health Insurance including prescription drugs
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability options
- Employee stock purchase program – 15% discount*
- 401k with company match**
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Identity Protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Part Time Regular employee classifications also receive this benefit
** Available to part-time regular and part-time casual employees age 21 and over
Pediatrix® Medical Group, Inc. (Pediatrix) is the nation’s leading provider of physician services. Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians are committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services to women, babies and children across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties include obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine and neonatology complemented by more than 20 pediatric subspecialties, as well as pediatric primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by significant investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives. The physician-led company was founded in 1979 as a single neonatology practice and today provides its highly specialized and often critical care services through more than 5,000 affiliated physicians and other clinicians in 37 states.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers.
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Mednax, Inc. and its affiliated practices operating as Pediatrix® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation’s leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to?take great care of the patient.?We invite you to join the Pediatrix family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.