Pediatrician Job In San Antonio, Texas
Pediatric Opportunity in San Antonio, TXNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Job Summary:Methodist Healthcare System is supporting recruitment efforts for a pediatrician to join a well-established multi-specialty practice.
- Board certified or board eligible in pediatric medicine
- Texas medical license, or eligible for Texas licensure
- Experienced and new grad physicians encouraged to apply
- Full time, outpatient position
- Mentorship and support system in place for new physicians joining the group
- Robust compensation
- 202 bed, 7 story comprehensive Children’s Hospital adjacent to a comprehensive 800 + bed acute care adult hospital
- Comprehensive pediatric services include pediatric heart surgery, pulmonology, orthopedics, neurosurgery, neonatal and pediatric intensive care, oncology and emergency services
- 94 bed Level IV NICU, 24 bed combined PICU/CICU, level III Trauma Center
- 24/7 In house Board Certified Pediatric Intensivists and Neonatologists
- 7 pediatric operating suites, dedicated pediatric anesthesiologists
- Excellent neuro-radiology with expertise in neuro interventional
- Latest technology and equipment available including: MRI, CT, ZIEHM 3D CT imaging, Stryker Navigation including spine and cranial
- Methodist Healthcare System is the largest provider of health care in South and Central Texas with 28 facilities, including nine acute care hospitals serving over 94,000 inpatients and 500,000 outpatients annually
San Antonio is home to 2.5 million people and is experiencing solid economic growth in industries such as bioscience and healthcare, aerospace, IT and cybersecurity and green technologies. San Antonio's MSA is expected to add up to 1.1 million new residents and 500,000 new jobs by 2040. This growing city offers big-city amenities and world-renowned attractions coupled with a relaxed and inviting atmosphere for all ages. San Antonio residents also enjoy a cost of living slightly below the national average due to lower housing costs, as well as no state income tax.
San Antonio (Spanish for "Saint Anthony") is the seventh most populous city in the U.S. and the second most populous city in Texas, with a population of 1.3 million. It was the fastest growing of the top 10 largest cities in the United States from 2000-2010. The city is located in the American Southwest, the south–central part of Texas, and the southwestern corner of an urban region known as the Texas Triangle.
Methodist Children’s Hospital opened in 1998 as the only hospital in San Antonio and South Texas designed and built especially for children. Colorful images and artwork enhance every window and wall to create a welcoming, child-focused environment that includes a two-story tree house in the lobby, play rooms on every floor, and an outdoor play area. The Methodist Children’s Hospital offers 24-hour pediatric emergency room, pediatric and neonatal intensive care units, pediatric operating suites, and special outpatient clinics for children with complex illnesses.
Methodist Children’s Hospital features the region’s only blood and marrow stem cell transplant program offering hope for children with leukemia, sickle cell anemia and immunodeficiency syndromes such as SCIDS (severe compromised immune deficiency syndrome). In addition, Methodist Children’s Hospital has a complete unit devoted to hematology, oncology and transplants.
The Methodist Children’s Heart Institute features a multidisciplinary team of experienced board-certified pediatric cardiologists dedicated to complex congenital cardiac and thoracic diseases, from prenatal diagnosis through adulthood. With six cardiac catheterization suites, the Methodist Children’s Heart Institute is the only hospital in South Texas providing interventional and diagnostic procedures including PDA coils, balloon septostomies, balloon dilations and ASD device closures. Cardiothoracic specialty areas include neonatal and infant heart surgery, single ventricle and hypoplastic left heart syndrome, arrhythmia surgery, beating heart surgery, cardiac failure and mechanical support.