Geriatric Medicine Job In Victoria, Texas
Geriatric Medicine Physician Needed in Victoria, TexasNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Rachel Solava: Sign in to view
• Dedicated Senior Care Center for patients 65 years of age and older
• Work with three board certified Geriatricians
• Virtually no overhead
• 1:4 call anticipated
• Full-spectrum practice
• Full-service Senior Care Center provides education, chemotherapy, medication management, lab and diagnostic testing, rehab, home care and preventative health services
• Direct admissions to Hospital; clinical records linked to Hospital system; IV therapy available
• Experienced, licensed nursing staff
• Great family community nestled in the rolling hills of Texas that serves as the commercial, cultural and entertainment hub for more than over 200,000 people
We offer a comprehensive recruitment package that may include:
• Cash Collections Guarantee for the first year
• Sign-n and/or Commencement Bonus
• Relocation and CME expenses
• Practice Start-up and Marketing assistance
• Medical Education Stipend
• Medical Education Loan Repayment or Tail Coverage assistance
Remember, Texas is a Tort Reform State and has No Personal Income Tax!
Victoria , Texas, known as the South Texas Crossroads, is one of the oldest cities in Texas. Five major state highways cross in Victoria, which is conveniently located just 30 minutes from the welcoming beaches of the Gulf Coast, and within a two-hour drive of the state’s largest metro areas—Houston, Austin, San Antonio and Corpus Christi.
With a population of 60,000 (80,000 in the county) and a retail trade area of over 250,000, Victoria is a cultural, historic and economic hub for the surrounding seven counties. Residents enjoy the best of both worlds as Victoria combines the best of city living while surrounded by the majestic beauty of Texas’ rolling plains. Victoria has all the amenities of larger communities including great shopping with local, regional and national merchants, an acclaimed symphony, Community Theater and Ballet Theater, museums, a 12-screen cinema complex, 27-hole public golf course, the Texas Zoo, and more.
Victoria and its surroundings are an outdoor enthusiast's paradise with hunting, fishing, bird watching, swimming and water sports available year-round and just a short drive away. Just a few miles outside of Victoria, Saxet Lake Park offers fishing, swimming and picnic areas in a lovely 95-acre park setting. Just a few miles further south of town, families from throughout the state enjoy a wonderful variety of outdoor recreation opportunities at Coleto's 190-acre park and reservoir.
From a growth standpoint, in August of 2010, Caterpillar announced that it has selected Victoria as the location for the company's new state-of-the-art hydraulic excavator manufacturing facility. The facility is expected to begin production in mid-2012.
In 2007, a 159 million dollar bond was passed to improve Victoria schools. Funds were allocated for 2 new high schools, 1 new middle school, 2 new elementary schools and a District Event Center. The is now the largest public school system in the Golden Crescent region with 15 elementary schools, three middle schools, a two-campus high school as well as a magnet high school, 103 total buildings, 14 athletic fields and more than 2,200 employees. Also in place within the VISD system are Magnet School programs, including a Montessori program, programs for gifted students, a campus at Devereau Foundation for those students with exceptional needs, one alternative program campus as well as a vocational education campus that offers classes in welding, computer networking, food management and production, cosmetology, auto repair and building trades.
The DeTar system, located in historic Victoria, TX, is licensed for 307 beds between two campuses, with 20 geriatric psychiatry beds:
- We have 170 Active Staff physicians representing virtually all specialties
- We work with an FQHC (anchored in Gonzales) that serves numerous outlying communities
- We are a Level III Trauma Center
- We have an excellent Hospitalist program
- About 65% of OB patients have Medicaid coverage; only about 25% of non-OB patients are Medicaid