Physician Assistant Job In Tucson, Arizona
Opening for Urgent Care Practitioner in Tucson, AZNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Crissy Dale: Sign in to view
Northwest Medical Center is seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant for anUrgent Care PRN position.
- Seeking a minimum of 1-2 years of experience.
- Must be comfortable working solo with physician available by phone.
- Currently minimum of 3 weekend days per month
- Call available but not required
- AZ License required
- Outpatient Only
Duties include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Obtaining detailed and accurate patient histories
- Performing physical exams
- Delineating chronic and current health problems
- Ordering routine or specific procedures
- Interpreting findings and outcomes
- Proposing and initiating treatment programs
- Prescribing appropriate medications
- Performing routine diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Performing appropriate emergency measures
- Demonstrating proficiency at hospital and/or department specific computer software and technology
Northwest Medical Center (NMC) is a 300-bed facility in Tucson, offering a full range of inpatient and outpatient services including cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics, minimally invasive surgery (including two da Vinci surgical robots), neurology and neurosurgery, GI, a free-standing Women's Center, and Wound Care Center. NMC is designated with the "Center of Excellence" status for its Chest Pain Center, Stroke Center, Total Knee and Total High Replacement, Spine Surgery, Bariatric program, and Breast Imaging Center.
Population:520,116 city;1,000,000 county
Tucson is 90 miles southeast of Phoenix.
- Year-round outdoor recreation
- Art, culture, history
- Shopping,dining, spas, resorts
- Annual Tucson Gem and Mineral Show
- ElTourde Tucson Bicycle Race
- PGA Accenture Match Play Championships
Points of Interest:
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
- KittPeak National Observatory
- San Xavierdel Bac Mission
- Pima Air & Space Museum
Average annual rainfall :12"
Average Temperature in winter: 65 degrees Average temperature in summer: 100 degrees
Average household income $45,521
Average cost of existing 3BR home: $251,963
Average cost of a 2BR apartment:$746/mo.
State Income Tax: 2.88-4.54%
Arizona students perform well above the national standards according to the Arizona Department of Education.
High Schools: 39public/21private
Middle Schools: 48public/38private
Higher Education: University of Arizona; Pima Community College; University of Phoenix
Northwest Medical Center, located in Tucson, Ariz., is a 300-bed facility that offers a full-scope of inpatient and outpatient services, including Cardiology, Orthopedics, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Neurology, Pediatric and Adult Urgent Care and The Women's Center for Obstetrics, Gynecology, Oncology and Diagnostics. The medical center is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO).