General Neurology Job In Independence, Missouri
Neurology | Kansas City | Inpatient/Outpatient Neurologist Needed in Hospital Employed GroupNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Park Meadors: Sign in to view
Centerpoint Medical Center is assisting in the search for a hospital employed Neurologist to join Midwest Neurology, an established group serving the communities of Independence and Lee's Summit, located just 20 miles east of downtown Kansas City. This opportunity is largely clinic based with only 3-5 hospital call days per month. The incoming candidate will have the ability to create a niche within their neurology practice, based on clinical interests. The opportunity is well positioned for future growth as the group looks to expand their practice in support of the hospital ICU and inpatient expansion completed last year.
In operation for the past 10 years, the existing group consists of four neurologists with two advanced practice providers who support both inpatient and outpatient settings. Call schedule is shared among group members with limited activity in the evening and overnight. The incoming candidate should be comfortable with stroke patients as Centerpoint Medical Center is a primary designated stroke center. Excellent compensation and benefits provided.
Experience a positive, professional work environment in a top tier facility located in one of the most livable cities in the heart of America.
About Centerpoint Medical Center
Centerpoint Medical Center, located minutes from Kansas City, is unlike any other hospital in eastern Jackson County. The hospital features the latest healthcare technology and offers innovative programs and services for patients and their families. Centerpoint Medical Center offers high-tech care in a beautiful, comfortable setting designed to exceed the expectations of those we serve. With 220+ private rooms, the hospital features a strong complement of subspecialists and robust inpatient services including trauma, oncology, neurosciences, and many more key services!
About Independence/Kansas City
* In the local community, you will find a wealth of charm and big-city amenities woven into a landscape catering to all walks of life. Featuring a community with four distinct seasons; a historic district that dates back to the early 1800s; and robust outdoor and recreational activities-especially nearby lakes!
* Kansas City consistently ranks as one of the top 10 places to live in the U.S.
* The Kansas City region is a two-state region home to more than 2.5 million people, comprised of 18 counties and 50 communities--offering a diverse economy that mirrors the U.S., allowing companies to take calculated risk and test new products.
* Home to corporate headquarters giants including Cerner, AMC, Garmin, Hallmark and H&R Block, among many others!
* KCI features 10 major airlines and the fewest flight delays, making travel easy. With non-stop flights available, you can be on either coast in 3 hours or less. New airport enhancements and renovations underway!
This opportunity features outstanding quality of life, excellent compensation, a state-of-the-art medical facility and talented team of colleagues creating an exceptional practice opportunity. AA/EOE. This position does not qualify for Visa sponsorship.
If you are not familiar with Kansas City, let me tell you it is one of the best kept secrets in the US! Recently it was named one of the 10 best downtown areas by Forbes magazine. It is consistently listed as one of the top 10 places to live in the US due to the affordability of housing, great job market, cultural interests, sports activities and facilities, and geographic location. Even though KC is considered the Midwest, it is technically almost in the exact center of the US!
Although there had already been a wide variety of artists living, working, and coalescing around downtown Kansas City, the brand new Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts just opened in September and quickly became central, and a visual monument" to just how seriously Kansas City takes the arts. Combine that love of culture with a walkable and livable downtown, a wide variety of neighborhoods such as The Plaza, which is known for its upscale shopping and entertainment. Plus, everywhere you look in Kansas City, there’s another fountain dancing in front of you. They were one of the first cities in the US to add a pedestrian mall back in the fifties says Jason Clampet, senior online editor for Frommers.com. Plus you’ve got great barbecue there, and you can spend all day going from barbecue to barbecue joint . . . it’s that delicious. - Forbes Magazine. Come see what we have to offer!
Centerpoint Medical Center is conveniently located at 19600 E. 39th St. (39th and Little Blue Parkway, just off I-70) in Independence, Mo. Our campus includes a recently constructed medical center itself and a medical office building / outpatient services center connected to the hospital (on the west side of the hospital).
Centerpoint features 221 private rooms, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with the high-tech services we offer, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility, etc.
- Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services
- An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services
- Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine
- An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator
- Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries
- Women’s Services, including the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in eastern Jackson County to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit
- Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.