Maintenance Job In Dallas, Texas
Stationary EngineerNext Steps... Apply Now
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Operates and maintains equipment such as chillers, boilers, pumps, compressors, emergency generators, automatic transfer switches (ATS), cooling tower, and fire systems pumps, ensuring that all engines/equipment is operating in a safe and productive manner.
- Must have two years of experience working with and operating stationary engines and equipment such as boilers, air compressors, generators, refrigeration equipment, Chillers and Pumps.
- Knowledge of operating and working with 480v systems and higher.
- Pipefitters, Building Automation Techs, Pump Repairers, and Boiler Mechanics will also be considered.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to communicate orally and in writing with co-workers and employees.
- Must be able to demonstrate skill in the proper use of hand tools.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of stationary engines and equipment such, boilers, air compressors, generators and refrigeration equipment. Must be able to observe controls, interpret readings and make decisions on machine performance.
- Must be familiar with basic computer applications.
- Must be physically able to lift heavy loads, walk, stand for extended periods, and climb ladders.
Applicants must have all or one of the following skills below:
- Plant Operator or Operation experience
- Power Plant knowledge or experience
- Chiller knowledge or experience
- Boiler knowledge or experience
- Plant Maintenance experience
- Marine Mechanic
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.