Information Technology Job In Dallas, Texas
Applications Systems Analyst/Programmer - SpecialistNext Steps... Apply Now
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
As the technical expert, responsible for formulating and defining complex system scope and objectives, devising and/or modifying procedures to solve complex problems. Designs, codes, and tests complex programs to ensure that systems work as requested.
Serves as the top level technical expert in one of more highly specialized areas of applications systems analysis and programming.
This position is for those individuals who wish to follow a technical track versus those who aspire to a management position. This individual will have the skills and knowledge of an industry expert who is able to consult on one or more projects internally, i.e., can act in the role of an internal consultant or advisor.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Must have five years of Applications experience in the relevant technology environment.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to develop complex system specifications and decision flows, in the form of flow charts or equivalent techniques, from written business requirements.
- Must be able to demonstrate an extensive working knowledge of computer products depending upon the technical environment of the position.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing with peers and senior personnel to fully understand tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional critical thinking skills, with regard to system issues.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of patient data and the use of this data in a healthcare environment, as applicable.
- Must demonstrate the ability to develop complex system configuration/modifications from detailed specifications.
- Must be able to accept verbal and/or written problems or direction from senior staff and business users and demonstrate an ability to prepare specifications that reflect provided information (with coaching from senior personnel).
- Must have knowledge of products such as word processing, spreadsheets and management of database tables in a PC environment.
-May be subject to temporary reassignments to other managers, supervisors, teams and/or projects based upon the needs or priorities of the department.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.