Medical Records Job In Dallas, Texas
HIM Quality Review ManagerNext Steps... Apply Now
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.PRIMARY PURPOSE
Manages and coordinates Quality Reviews for both internal and external customers. Schedules reviews, establishes and monitors review time budgets, reviews staff work papers, works with Performance Improvement department as well as other customers to support meeting the goals of Parkland and data to ensure timely and thorough audits. Evaluates results of reviews to ensure timely and thorough reviews of Parkland¿s departments.
-Must have a Bachelor's degree in Business or Clinical field (i.e. Nursing, Health Information Management)
-Six years of previous Clinical Documentation Improvement, Clinical, Inpatient, Outpatient and Emergency Services ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 coding reviews, provider education and/or audit experience in a healthcare environment to include two years of supervisory experience in a healthcare or compliance environment.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
-May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
-Must be a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) OR
-Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT). OR
-Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) OR
-Certified Healthcare Compliance (CHC)
-Clinical licensure and/or professional certification in Compliance, Certified Documentation Improvement Practitioner (CDIP) or Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) preferred.
-Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction by November 1, 2014 or obtain within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
-Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-100.HCB: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100) for Healthcare/Hospitals by November 1, 2014 or obtain within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
-Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-200.HCA: Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations (ICS 200) by November 1, 2014 or obtain within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
Skills or Special Abilities:
-Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively supervise, educate, and train HIM staff.
- Must be proficient with Personal Computer, and spreadsheet, communications, and word processing software.
- Must be able to work independently with a strong communication & influencing skill set
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Must be able to focus on the task at hand, eliminate redundancy, add value, standardize process, and sustain improvement
- Must be able to solve a wide range of practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete and complex variables.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.