Job In Chicago, Illinois
Emergency Medicine - EM PhysicianNext Steps... Apply Now
Emergency Medicine Physician needed at Mercy Hospital and Medical Center in downtown Chicago.
Facility Name: Mercy Hospital and Medical Center - EM
Founded in 1852, Mercy holds the privilege of being Chicago’s first chartered teaching hospital. Since its founding, Mercy has become an integral part of the city, advancing its mission of providing access to compassionate care to the community. Today, patients find care that combines world-class medicine with compassion, convenience and an undeniable spirit that sets it apart from other city hospitals.
- 60,000 annual volume
- 54-hours daily physician coverage
- 27-hours daily NP/PA coverage
- 24/7 UIC EM resident rotations
- EMR Cerner
- 189-bed, not-for-profit hospital
- Accredited Pediatric ED by Illinois Department of Public Health
- 24/7 teaching hospital affiliated with University of Illinois, University of Chicago, and Loyola University Medical Center
- Top Performer in Cardiac Care / Heart Failure, US News 2016–2017 Best Hospitals
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get with the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award, 2016
- Qualifications: Board Eligible/Board Certified Emergency Medicine, American Board of Emergency Medicine/American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine or American Board of Physician Specialties Emergency Medicine
- Located in downtown Chicago
- Countless entertainment and recreational opportunities for all ages
- Located near Lake Michigan
Benefits and Compensation:Envision Physician Services is a dynamic, physician-led organization which has been offering exceptional career opportunities since 1972. With more than 14,000 affiliated providers coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally-recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported through innovation, integration and exceptional leadership. Whether you are considering full-time, part-time or independent contractor opportunities with Envision Physician Services, you can rest assured you will be working for an industry-leader who delivers a vast array of benefits unmatched within the industry, including: Physician-led organization Strong leadership on a local, regional and national level Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services Optimal staffing ratios and flexible scheduling options “A” rated professional liability insurance Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast Competitive compensation including several benefit options Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs Colleague referral bonus program *Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status
EmCare is a leading physician services organization with more than 1,000 practices at hospitals from coast to coast. We have become a leader in the industry by providing our affiliated clinical and non-clinical team members with outstanding career opportunities, compensation and benefits combined with the flexibility to enjoy a high quality of life. No other company provides clinicians access to the vast array of resources that EmCare offers. If you are a highly skilled clinician focused in any of the following five specialties — emergency medicine, hospital medicine, acute care surgery, anesthesiology, radiology/teleradiology — or if you are seeking an outstanding non-clinical job in the healthcare industry, we need to talk.