Pharmacist Job In Florida
Oncology Staff PharmacistNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Adam DeBruin RPh: Sign in to view
- Direct HireYes
- Temp to PermanentNo
- Minimum Salary100000
- Maximum Salary140000
Progressive South Florida Cancer Center is currently recruiting for a full-time Oncology Staff Pharmacist. This is a tremendous opportunity with growth potential.
Responsible for providing comprehensive, patient centered, clinical pharmacy services for assigned areas. Proactively influences medication use and makes recommendations concerning patient’s medication profile. Assesses medication orders for appropriateness of therapy taking into account patient-specific factors, and evaluates patient medication regimens to assure positive patient outcomes including relevant laboratory results and/or tests or procedures. Performs order entry and oversees drug distribution and preparation to assure safety and timeliness. Initiates and participates in the collaborative management of patients with other members of the health care team, including medication reconciliations, core measure compliance, anticoagulation management, target drug programs, medication usage guidelines, patient teachings, discharge teachings and performance improvement initiatives. Participates in the continuous readiness efforts to maintain The Joint Commission patient safety goals and medication management standards. Precept pharmacy students, technician students in collaboration with the Pharmacy management team. Actively participates in developing and presenting educational topics, and staff development programs when requested. Additionally serves as a mentor and develops clinical skills of junior staff. Precept pharmacy students, technician students in collaboration with the Pharmacy management team. Actively participates in developing and presenting educational topics, and staff development programs when requested. In addition participates in the multi-disciplinary care of patients with a direct impact on patient outcomes, length of stay and targeted hospital costs. Serves as a clinical resource to health care providers as members of specialty collaborative, if applicable. Assists in performance improvement projects, drug use evaluations, formulary reviews and research projects.
* Bachelors Degree required
* Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) Preferred
* Pharmacy Practice Residency (or) Board Certification of Pharmacy Specialty (BCPS) preferred.
* Each Pharmacy Practice Residency counts for 1 years of experience
* If not Board Certified by the Board of Pharmacy Specialties, on a yearly basis completes the required competencies for evaluation as well as the pre-requisites for Senior Clinical Staff Pharmacists which may include didactic and hands on educational activities at induction and yearly thereafter
* Experience in an ambulatory setting preferred
* Experience with mixing Chemotherapy drugs preferred
* Pediatrics highly preferred
* Experience entering and validating Oncology orders highly preferred.
RPh Professional Search has been helping pharmacists find pharmacy jobs in hospitals since 1997. Our firm gives you the opportunity to work with us on a confidential, comprehensive job search! At RPh Professional Search, we work for you!
We ARE the Pharmacy Job Recruiting Experts!
- Pharmacist Owned and Operated
- Personalized, Confidential Search
- No Cost to our Candidates
- One Stop Approach - No need to post your resume on job Boards
- We work FOR YOU!
The Hospital Pharmacy landscape has changed. Nationally, the number of pharmacy schools has increased from 75 to more than 130 during the last 15 years - enrollment also has increased significantly. Career advancing pharmacy jobs are harder than ever to find. Our reputation, experience, and pharmacy knowledge is second to none. Since 1997, our tenure of national pharmacist placements, relationships/connections, and attendance at national conventions allows us to uniquely help you.