Non-Clinical - Skilled Trades Job In Dallas, Texas
HVAC Mechanic I (up to $18/hr)Next Steps... Apply Now
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.Monitors, inspects, repairs, adjusts, maintains and installs HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) and other types of mechanical equipment, while adhering to safety codes and regulations to ensure that all systems are operating safely and at optimum performance levels.
- Must have one year of experience working in heavy equipment maintenance.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for the experience requirements.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skill in maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and installation of HVAC and other mechanical systems and in the proper use of power, hand, welding, grinding, and general shop machine tools.
- Must demonstrate knowledge necessary for troubleshooting, repairing and installing electrical and pneumatic controls.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of mechanical drawings.
- Must be able to learn CRT data terminal input/output procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Parkland employees.
- Must be physically able to lift heavy loads, walk, stand for extended periods, and climb ladders.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.