Business Professional Job In Dallas, Texas
Asset Management Assistant
This job was posted 7 days ago. Be one of the first applicants.
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.PRIMARY PURPOSE
The primary purpose of this position is to identify, tag and locate assets for Parkland Health & Hospital System (PHHS). The employee is responsible for updating all requisite systems, databases or spreadsheets as required. Maintains an environment that is organized, efficient and safe.
- One year of experience working in a hospital environment preferred
- Asset management or inventory management experience preferred
- Supply chain experience preferred
- Automated inventory management experience preferred
- Healthcare inventory management preferred
- Radio-frequency identification (RFID) or hand scanner experience preferred
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to read written directions
- Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing with patients, visitors, hospital staff, and vendors
- Must be able to write legibly
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical computations
- Must be able to lift, carry and push heavy objects
- Must be able to work safely and follow safety rules
- Basic MS Excel knowledge preferred
- Possess ability to learn other computer software programs as required by assigned tasks
- Bilingual skills preferred
- Commitment: Sets high standards of performance; pursues aggressive goals and works hard/smart to achieve them; strives for results and success; conveys a sense of urgency and brings issues to closure; and persists despite obstacles and opposition.
- Effective Communication: Ensures important information is passed to those who need to know; conveys necessary information clearly and effectively orally or in writing; demonstrates attention to, and conveys understanding of, the comments and questions of others.
- Self-Motivated: Demonstrates a high level of conscientiousness; holds oneself personally responsible for one's own work; and does fair share of work. Meets and often exceeds job requirements without direction. Must be willing to step up to a task versus waiting for someone else to do it. Anticipates needs and takes appropriate action.
- Customer Service: Must have a customer-friendly attitude with the ability to react to both internal and external customers. Meets or exceeds the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; recognizes working colleagues as customers.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Attention to Detail: Develops processes or systems to organize and keep track of information and work progress. Performs routine or repetitious tasks with attention and care. Compares finished work to what is expected. Produces work that is timely and mostly error free.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.