Maintenance Job In Dallas, Texas
Maintenance Mechanic I (Up to $19/hr)Next Steps... Apply Now
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.Responsible for basic and routine repair, preventive maintenance tasks, and maintenance documentation on various equipment throughout Parkland Health & Hospital System, to ensure all equipment is safe and operational.
- Must have two years of experience in general building maintenance working with plumbing, HVAC, electrical, lighting, drywall repair, and equipment maintenance.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for the experience requirements.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate a basic working knowledge of proper safety procedures.
- Must possess a basic working knowledge of plumbing maintenance and electrical maintenance - to include lighting and equipment maintenance.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic skill in the proper use of power and hand tools.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic skills in soldering copper pipe.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with department and Hospital personnel both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to read and interpret sketches, drawings, and technical instruction manuals.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be physically able to lift heavy loads, walk, stand for extended periods, and climb ladders.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.