Medical Research Job In Los Angeles, California
Medical Science Liaison - OncologyNext Steps... Apply Now
Category Medical Science Liaison
Our client is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel first in-class drugs directed against nuclear transport targets for the treatment of cancer and other major diseases.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is responsible for the identification and engagement of a targeted group of national and regional thought leaders/healthcare professionals (HCPs), as well as payers and managed care accounts. This position provides consistent delivery of educational and compliant scientific information in support of client's pipeline.
- Identify and develop relationships with community/academic thought leaders along with treatment advocates on a local, regional, and national level.
- Serve as client's scientific representative to the medical community and facilitate the appropriate exchange of scientific information.
- Provide clinical and economic value information to payers and formulary decision makers.
- Utilize approved resources to address customer needs, ensuring they are in compliance with all guidelines and regulations.
- In partnership with clinical operations, support trial awareness, enrollment, and identification of potential sites/investigators for clinical trial participation.
- Serve as the key liaison for all aspects of investigator sponsored research.
- Communicate therapeutic market trends which may impact client's pipeline.
- Participate and support advisory boards and steering committees.
- Lead and/or participate on committee/project teams which support MSL strategies as delegated by MSL leadership
- Gain feedback through field interactions with HCPs to uncover collaboration opportunities and pair customer's unmet needs with available internal resources.
- The candidate will assume a leadership role by teaching, coaching and mentoring new hires and/or less experienced MSLs and by assuming responsibility for special projects as they arise.
- Advanced doctoral degree preferred (e.g. PharmD, MD, DO, or PhD).
- Candidates with a clinical background (e.g. MSN, PA) and extensive oncology MSL experience will be considered.
- 1+ years' MSL experience in oncology strongly preferred; experience in multiple myeloma preferred.
- Product launch experience a plus.
- Clinical experience beneficial.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to excel in dynamic settings with short timelines.
- Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with influential thought leaders.
- Thorough understanding of FDA, OIG, HIPAA and other ethical guidelines, laws, and regulations relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Valid driver's license and the ability to travel as necessary (up to 75% including some weekends).