Social Worker Job In New York, New York
Long Term Contract Care Coordinator-Peer SpecialistNext Steps... Apply Now
NY: Manhattan (2 Penn Plaza, New York, NY)
We are currently seeking a dynamic Long Term Contract Care Coordinator-Peer Specialist (Field Based) to join our team at our office in New York City, NY!
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic Long Term Contract Care Coordinator-Peer Specialist (Field Based) to join our team at our office in New York City, NY! A Care Coordinator assists members in ensuring connection to treatment services and works with individuals receiving services from network providers with the goal of teaching/improving self-advocacy skills. The Care Coordinator will perform the majority of duties in the community meeting with members and providers assuring connection to services. A Care Coordinator functions as part of an interdisciplinary team designed to meet the needs of members.
**This position is a temporary position currently proposed through May 2020 with potential for long-term employment.
Coordinator's will use their educational training and/or personal lived experience with mental and emotional and/or substance use to empower individuals served by the program to access intensive care transitions and effectively overcome barriers in pursuing their own strength based recovery and wellness goals
• Ensure that all stated goals are documented and member centric; documented through the appropriate providers/ community supports.
• Connect them with community-based resources
• Help create crisis prevention plan in conjunction with the ICM Clinicians, Health Home case management and appropriate providers
• Engage, educate and encourage individuals and their families to connect with support services, community resources and advocacy assistance.
• Document member progress associated with stated goals and objectives
• Will provide support during transitions from Emergency Room Visits, inpatient hospitalization and crisis stabilization to individuals who are frequent high utilizers of emergency department services or inpatient programs who require additional support to engage in community treatment and resources
• Will provide support during crisis of individuals who have multiple readmissions and assist in identifying barriers to maintaining community tenure
• Assist members in the understanding of plan benefits where appropriate
• Secure and maintain all local peer certification requirements when and where applicable
• Inform appropriate authority of any suspected waste fraud and abuse of plan benefits related to the member
• Will reach out to recently discharged individuals to assist in their transition, support them to adhere to any follow-up appointments, and help them leverage their own strengths
Education: Bachelor's degree in social work, education, psychology or other related field required and/or
Licensure: New York Certification as a Peer Specialist required. If incumbent does not have the certification at time of hire, it must be obtained within one year of employment. WRAP, WHAM or other CPS or CARES certifications, preferred
Relevant Work Experience:
*Three years' experience in a relevant field, face-to-face engagements with individuals suffering from mental health and/or substance use, performing community resource mapping activities, documented skills and abilities in needs assessment. Proven ability and experience in community relations/networking and information and resource development and maintenance. Established knowledge of and work experience with the Medicaid affiliated population desirable.
*Knowledge of New York community and state resources.
*Ability to be fully committed and engaged within the NY provider network, familiarity with key points for consumer contact and ability to identify educational needs as the result to changes to New York State's redesign of Medicaid.
*Basic Computer Skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Communication: Strong written and oral communication skills
- Organization & Planning: Self-motivated, able to prioritize multiple issues, solid organizational skills, ability to track projects/tasks and follow through as needed.
- Follows through on Commitments: Able to manage time-sensitive projects and meet deadlines
- Proactive: Able to identify opportunities for improvements and implement creative, innovative solutions.
- Teamwork: Able to work collaboratively with internal staff and external providers/clients
- Flexibility & Adaptability: Able to work independently in a changing environment
- Coachability: Open to feedback and growth
- Persistence: Able to press on in the midst of challenges or obstacles
Click below on "Apply for this Position" to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
AAP Reporting Location:
NY - Manhattan
ID (Req #):
Mon-Fri 8305 pm