Pharmacy Technician Job In Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Medication TechnicianNext Steps... Apply Now
Blue Harbor Senior Living
Job ID 2019-3222
Category Health Services
Type Regular Full-Time
You know that feeling you get when you make someone's day a little better? It feels great, right? Well, that feeling is available all day, every day at Blue Harbor communities. We are looking for patient people with great big hearts. Our Med Aides (MAs) are known for their compassion, dedication, and commitment to making a positive impact on others. If that sounds like you, we want you to join our team.
Our Med Aides provide personalized and outstanding customer service to our residents. But, more than anything, they make sure our residents are happy, well cared for, and engaged in life - all while having a great time.
- Provide responsible assistance of medication to residents according to physician direction in the Community
- Document medications given onto Medication Administration Record (MAR) as they are administered
- Know and adhere to five rights of safe medication administration
- Ensure Prescription label and storage procedures meet state standard
- Count narcotics and other controlled drugs at the end of each shift
- Order medications in a timely manner to ensure adequate supply
- Present a professional demeanor that communicates a corporate philosophy of service, goodwill, and genuine interest in each resident's needs
- Familiarize yourself with residents of the Community
- Observe residents' ability to perform daily ADL's and social skills, communicate potential difficulties or opportunities to the appropriate team member
- Participate in all training offered by employer
Education and/or Experience Requirements
include the following:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Any State required license/certificate for caregivers
- Training and knowledge of medication administration
- Minimum one (1) year related experience
We offer a competitive compensation package including:
- Medical, dental, & vision benefits
- 401 (k) with generous company match
- Vacation, Sick & Holidays
We love our residents and our Med Aides at Blue Harbor. This is a great opportunity to join a fun, growing company in a role that directly impacts the overall satisfaction of our residents on a daily basis. Prior experience is great, however, if you love making people smile, have a passion to help others, and have a great work ethic, we want to meet you.
Based in Portland, Oregon, Blue Harbor Senior Living is a growing senior living company, currently operating communities across the United States. Blue Harbor's home office provides top-level support services for all of our senior living communities.
Blue Harbor Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.