Non-Clinical Entry Level Job In Hendersonville, North Carolina
Sterile TechNext Steps... Apply Now
Hendersonville, North Carolina, 28791, United States
Position Title: Sterile Tech
Company Name: Pardee Hospital
Min Education: H.S. Diploma/Equivalent
The Certified Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for ordering supplies, maintaining par levels, and stocking for C SR. The Sterile Processing Technician is also responsible for cleaning, sterilizing, assembling, and storing all sterilized items. Responsible for pulling case carts for OR per schedule, utilizing preference cards, and ensuring all needed items are present.
- Follows all policies, procedures, and manufacturer guidelines related to sterilization of instrumentation.
- Decontaminates, disinfects, and thoroughly cleans supplies, instruments, and equipment used with patients.
- Assembles supplies, instruments, basin sets, used in a variety of clinical settings in accordance with policy/procedures.
- Wraps and prepares all items for sterilization with appropriate labeling. Uses appropriate sterilization method based on manufacture's guidelines.
- Functions as a cooperative, active member of the CSR by being accessible when on-call and able to respond within policy timeframe, demonstrates flexibility, and performs miscellaneous tasks to promote patient and unit continuity.
A graduate of High School or Equivalent
1-2 years experience in central supply processing and distribution preferred
Certification in Sterile Processing and Distribution through the CBSPD or Certification in Surgical Technology through the NBSTSA