Urgent Care Job In Valparaiso, Indiana
Physician - Urgent Care/Occupational MedicineNext Steps... Apply Now
Franciscan Physician Network
2307 LaPorte Avenue, Suite 8
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Franciscan Physician Network is seeking a full-time physician who is Board Certified/Board Eligible and specializes in Occupational Medicine and Urgent Care to join our team at FPN Express Care Valparaiso in Valparaiso, Indiana.
WHAT WE NEED
Ideal candidate will have ACLS/PALS/BLS certifications and will be able to see all patient types including PEDS. Urgent care or ED experience of 2 years is preferred, but not required. Candidate that is comfortable with I&D /sutures, as well as seeing 4-5 patients per hour is ideal. EMR experience is preferred.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Office hours: Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. & Friday – Sunday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Four 10 hour days a week
- No Call Expectation
- Must be DOT and MRO Certified or willing to become certified
- Anticipated outpatient volumes for new provider: 30 – 40 patients per shift
- Common Diagnoses & Procedures
- Work comp injuries
- Urgent care visits
- DOT physicals
- Non-DOT physicals
- Strains, sprains and fractures
- Cuts and lacerations
WHO WE ARE
Franciscan Physician Network (FPN), a division of FRANCISCAN HEALTH, brings together the many primary care and specialty physician groups associated with Franciscan Health’s hospitals and access points across Indiana and Illinois. FPN includes over 1,000 physicians and advanced practice providers.
With 14 hospitals, Franciscan Health is one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the Midwest. Of our 260+ locations, many are nationally recognized Centers of Health Care Excellence. Franciscan Health takes pride in providing compassionate, comprehensive care for our patients and the communities we serve.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Franciscan Physician Network we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our providers. Full- and part-time opportunities are offered with benefits, which could include:
- Competitive compensation, including income guarantee, with bonus incentives
- Generous recruitment bonus program including relocation allowance; commencement and retention packages
- Paid malpractice
- 27 days of Allowed Time Off plus five additional paid days for CME with annual stipend
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Retirement options, including 403(b), 457(b), 401(a)
- Short- and Long-Term Own Occupation Disability
- Customized marketing support
- Leadership development through board and committee opportunities
For more information, please contact Physician and Provider Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (844) 376-3627.
WHERE WE LIVE
Valparaiso is located in beautiful Porter County, IN. Located 1.5 hours southeast of downtown Chicago, an hour to Michigan and 2.5 hours north of downtown Indianapolis. Home of Valparaiso University, Valparaiso has a small city, rural and suburban feel that offers affordable cost of living with excellent school options including private and public schools.
- Valparaiso = 33,104 Porter County = 167,688
- Valparaiso has a beautiful downtown with restaurants, shops, local breweries among other amenities. Take a scroll around the square or enjoy your meal outside during the warm months.
- Opportunities for a choice in homes where you can build to suit, live in historic Valparaiso’s multiple established neighborhoods/subdivisions, or properties with significant acreage/farm land – all available within a reasonable price and a close distance to the hospital
- Diverse employment base with good commercially-insured base of employees
- Outdoors Activities available:
- Close proximity to Chicago and Michigan
- Located proximal to Indiana Dunes and Lake Michigan
- Ice Skating at Central Park Plaza
- Hike at the many parks in and around Valparaiso
- Enjoy the walking and biking paths around Valparaiso
- Boat, canoe or kayak on your own or with a guided group at the Indiana Dunes
- Spend time cooling off at Deep River Waterpark or the Valparaiso Splash Pad
- Hunting opportunities available in the region
- Play a round of golf at Forest Park or Creekside Golf Courses
- Enjoy local breweries and eats
Whether you are new to the area or moving back, Valparaiso has a lot to offer individuals or families. If you are new to the area please click here for city information.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
0-1 Years Experience
License(s): Physician License
Certification(s): Board Certified
Travel:Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.