General Patient Care Job In Olympia Fields, Illinois
Case Management AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now
20201 S. Crawford Avenue
High School Diploma/ GED Required
WHAT WE NEED
Smiling support staff
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Often hospital care doesn’t end when the patient walks out the door. Home health, discharge instructions, and follow up calls are all important services that we provide to acute care patients. Arranging for equipment delivery, updating medical staff on patient status, and ultimately ensuring patient satisfaction are all part of case management. And good case management needs someone who is good with details and can communicate well with patients, providers and medical staff.
Are you good with follow up? Are you a detail-oriented person? Can you follow established guidelines closely when coordinating discharge needs? If so, we need you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist with arrangement of post-acute care services such as Home Health, Durable Medical Equipment, OP Dialysis, OP IV Infusion, and OP Wound Care. Assists with preparation of discharge packet to ECF, LTAC. Assures completeness of packet materials.
- Assist in arranging post-discharge services.
- Conduct patient satisfaction follow up calls.
- Provide clinical updates to commercial payers.
- Communicate necessary discharge planning updates to patients / family / and hospital care team staff.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Demonstrate a working understanding of federal and state regulations, departmental policies, particularly those related to discharge planning.
- Timely and complete documentation in Epic/One Chart.
- Knowledge of age specific issues.
- Prepares timely and smooth post-discharge plans.
- Accurately communicates Medicare Rights to patients and their family members.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
1-3 Years Experience
Travel:Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.