Medical Assistant Job In Indianapolis, Indiana
Medical AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now
Franklin Township Family Med
Franciscan Physician Network
8325 East Southport Road
WHAT WE NEED
A multi-tasker who can move mountains
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
High quality health care doesn’t just happen. It requires the assistance of a person who can follow the directions of a doctor or RN while also making the patient feel comfortable. The ability to give the same level of attention and detail to each and every patient. It’s a bit of a juggling act but if you think you have the skills then we need to talk.
Do you pride yourself on your empathy with patients? Are you a whiz at getting a patient ready for an exam or test? Do you value working in a faith-filled environment? Are you good at accurately recording patient stats and handling test results? If you said yes, you’re just what we need in a Medical Assistant.
Schedule: Monday - Friday with a half day on Tuesday. No weekends!
This opportunity offers a $1,000.00 Sign-on Bonus!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Prepare examination and treatment areas.
- Prepare patient for examination, treatment, and procedures.
- Document care of patient via electronic medical record.
- Collect, complete and process lab specimens and required paperwork.
- Prepare, administer medications and immunizations, under the supervision of RN/Provider.
- Process sample medications, prescriptions, and refills as directed.
- Provide patient education.
- Assist provider with screening and follow-up with patient test results.
- Expedite referrals to other health care providers.
- Route phone calls.
- Check medications for expiration dates and proper labels.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Ability to follow well-defined instructions and comply with regulations, standards and procedures
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with patients, physicians, and other office staff
- Talking to others to convey information effectively while using active listening skills
- Ability to display empathy while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail with strong organizational and analytical skills
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
1-3 Years Experience
License(s): Not Applicable
Certification(s): Basic Life Support Program
Travel:Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights. Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
PHYSICIAN OFFICE STAFF
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.