Medical Technician/Technologist Job In Indianapolis, Indiana
Bio-Medical Technician INext Steps... Apply Now
8111 South Emerson Avenue
WHAT WE NEED
Clinical equipment tech
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
ECG monitors, blood pressure cuffs, defibrillators, anesthesia units – a hospital requires a lot of biomedical equipment and that equipment must always be in top condition. Our Bio-Med Technicians inspect and maintain equipment. They are proactive in evaluation and able to troubleshoot problems and repair a wide range of equipment. Do you have what it takes to keep these machines working?
Are you prompt and efficient in your work? Are you able to quickly understand needs and respond? Do you like working with a variety of equipment and people? We’d love to learn more about you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assess new technology and assists in the procurement of clinical equipment.
- Establish and implement plan for collecting data on new technology.
- Review pre-purchase evaluation.
- Install, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate, and perform modifications on diagnostic and therapeutic medical electrical, and mechanical repairs on and modifications and calibrations of all classes of biomedical equipment including ECG, pulse, blood pressure and respiration monitors, defibrillators, IV pumps, electrosurgical units, respirators, anesthesia units, hyperthermia units, suction and pressure pumps, centrifuges, and any other related biomedical instrumentation.
- Initiate PM and repair on medical equipment to ensure it is safe and effective for use.
- Oversee the use of medical devices and initiate needed changes for improvement of utilization
- Ensure compliance with applicable accredited agencies for assigned areas.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Proficient in a specialty area that results in significant savings to the organization above and beyond the Biomed Electronics Technician.
- Understand and adjust to changes in job conditions, assignments, priorities, and schedules. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to learn. Maintain a positive attitude regarding change.
- Verbal expression is clear, positive, and appropriate. Writes clear grammatical thoughts in a legible and understandable manner.
- Take needed action without direct instructions.
- Maintain a positive approach, work cooperatively with others, and demonstrate a constructive response to criticism and work with others as a team.
- Perform work with regard to quality standards and regulatory compliance.
- Communicate deviation from standards and regulations to appropriate personnel.
- Promptly and accurately carries out tasks with minimal follow up.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
3-5 Years Experience
Certification(s): A+ Certified Professional; Security Professional
Travel:Up to 20%
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.