Non-Clinical Entry Level Job In Greenwood, Indiana
Document Imaging AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now
Ambulatory Business Office
1040 Sierra Drive, Suite 400
High School Diploma/ GED Required
WHAT WE NEED
A multi-tasker extraordinaire
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Behind every successful department is a superior assistant – the person who really gets things done. The person who keeps things organized and keeps things moving. We know your skills are in high demand in many offices but when you work with Franciscan Health you’ll go home each day knowing that you played a part in providing exceptional health care.
Are you good at following directions? Do you have great MS Office skills and an equally pleasant phone style? Do you love creating schedules, planning meetings, updating records and handling correspondence? If you are dependable, organized and looking for a great place to call your career home, we’re looking for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Scan documents on a daily basis and with a high degree of quality.
- Ensure timely processing and batching of documents.
- Review documents for poor originals or items that cannot be scanned and ensure patient identification is present on each document.
- Index all documents to the appropriate patient folder and ensure each document is assigned the appropriate document name.
- Maintain daily workflow in mail room, ensuring mail is processed daily including but limited to interoffice, U.S. postal, FedEx.
- Ensure that all documents are scanned in a timely and efficient manner to avoid delay in further processing.
- Assure that all mail is posted and mail postage meter is functional.
- Ensure all incoming mail is sorted and placed in the appropriate department mailbox daily.
- Properly prepare all outgoing mail, both internal and external, is properly prepared for distribution.
- Maintain work mail room in organized and tidy fashion.
- Retrieve all mail and interoffice mail from other departments at pre-defined times on a daily basis.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Communicate clearly and professionally.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Extensive experience with computers, Patient Accounting/EDI/Payer sites, and other peripheral systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Knowledge of medical and Managed Care Contract terminology.
- Knowledge of Revenue Cycle Procedures.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Minimum of 6 months in Patient Accounting, specifically billing, collections, customer service, or cash application.Travel:
Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law. Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights. Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.