General Patient Care Job In Lafayette, Indiana
Patient CompanionNext Steps... Apply Now
Nursing Float Pool
1701 Creasy Lane
PRN (As Needed);0.01/week
High School Diploma/ GED Required
WHAT WE NEED
Compassionate, joyful caregivers
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Serving our Franciscan mission includes giving each and every patient dignity and respect. One of the ways we do that is with our Patient Companions. They help patients with basic needs, provide much-needed companionship, and assist in overall healing with a presence of faith and service. It’s a special job that requires a special person.
Are you able to serve patients pleasantly and with true compassion? Do you love helping others? Are you able to follow directions and ensure patient safety? We have a special place for your skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist patients with meals, bathing and walking to chair or bathroom.
- Provide diversion for patient.
- Report to assigned nurse or Charge Nurse if any significant problems arise.
- Assure proper confidentiality of patient.
- Comply with all hospital safety measures.
- Attentive to patient to help avoid tubes or equipment from being removed.
- Primary focus is maintained for the patient. Personal activities may be performed.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Identify personal learning needs. Seek opportunities for continued learning.
- Practice a positive attitude every day.
- Exercise safe judgement in decision making.
- Demonstrate tact and understanding when dealing with others. Respond in a positive manner to constructive criticism.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Certification(s): Basic Life Support Program
Travel:Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.