Non-Clinical - Skilled Trades Job In Crown Point, Indiana
Electrician IINext Steps... Apply Now
1201 South Main Street
Trade School / Certification Required
WHAT WE NEED
Electrical maintenance and support
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our electrician provides complete electrical support – inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing instruments and electrical systems – for our facilities. The electrician is responsible for keeping systems and equipment in safe working order while also meeting code requirements. It’s a job with some independence and plenty of work to do.
Are you good at problem solving? Can you work independently and efficiently? Are you a good listener and able to communicate clearly with a variety of people? If so, we have a job that should interest you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical, electronic equipment, appliances and fixtures using appropriate tools.
- Inspect and tests electrical systems, circuits, and equipment. Document and file test/inspection results in order to provide a readily available record of compliance with the required guidelines of codes and governing agencies.
- Diagnose systems, equipment components using test equipment to locate the cause of a breakdown to correct the problem.
- Connect or replace wires, devices, breakers, transformers and other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise Manager or his designee on issues of emergencies, open work orders, etc.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters and oscilloscopes to ensure compatibility and safety of systems.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, conduits, fixtures based on job specifications and required codes and standards.
- Read blue prints and wiring diagrams.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Take responsibility for problems and own them until they are resolved.
- Combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Give full attention to what other people are saying, take time to understand the points being made, ask questions as appropriate.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
1-3 Years Experience
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.