General Patient Care Job In Indianapolis, Indiana
Student RespiratoryNext Steps... Apply Now
8111 South Emerson Avenue
PRN (As Needed);1.00/week
High School Diploma/ GED Required
WHAT WE NEED
Patient-first respiratory students
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Assessments and treatment plans are important aspects of our Respiratory Care program. The Respiratory Student provides this respiratory care as directed by the Physician, for patients of all ages. It’s a hands-on, patient-care position in an environment that values compassionate, joyful service.
Are you able to evaluate and asses a patient’s needs accurately? Do you provide exceptional patient care? We have a special place waiting for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Initiate and monitor clinical pathways and protocols.
- Inform supervisor of problems as they arise.
- Communicate and interact with physicians.
- Perform physician prescribed therapeutic modalities of a routine nature such as oxygen devices and treatments.
- Demonstrate competence in basic respiratory skills.
- Administer medication in solutions and concentrations as ordered by physician.
- Follow hospital infection control and isolation procedures.
- Maintain, repair, and service all equipment according to established procedures.
- Implement hospital and departmental guidelines.
- Disinfect, assemble, and package equipment according to established procedures.
- Serve as an active member of cardiopulmonary resuscitation team in accordance with AHA standards.
- Review procedures as required.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and techniques of Respiratory Care and Electrocardiography.
- Knowledge of use, care, and operation of Respiratory Care and Electrocardiography equipment and supplies.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
0-1 Years Experience
Travel:Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.