Surgical Tech Job In Indianapolis, Indiana
Clinical Coordinator Surg TechNext Steps... Apply Now
8111 South Emerson Avenue
WHAT WE NEED
Coordinator with a purpose
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Clinical training programs serve a higher purpose than continuing education. Ultimately these programs are focused on improving the quality of patient care. The Clinical Coordinator for Surgical Technologist must develop , coordinate, and present education and training programs to our future Surgical Tech's with these goals in mind.
Do you enjoy collaborating with others? Are you good at developing educational programs with goals and standards in mind? Do you love teaching? We have a special place for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist with development of clinical educational offerings and clinical experiences for surgical technologist learners that meet the requirements for program accreditation.
- Evaluate that the learner activity remains specific to the audience based on current evidenced-based practice and accreditation standards.
- Utilize and promote technology for enhanced training, learning engagement, and data collection purposes.
- Assess learners understanding of material and competency with skills in the classroom. Provide appropriate constructive feedback so that learner can improve.
- Ensure there are sufficient and a variety of clinical experiences for students to be placed at during their clinical rotation.
- Coordinate completion by students of all clinical competencies, and ensures that all of the objectives are met during the clinical rotation.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation of practicum competencies for all students completing the practicum components of the program.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Clinical expertise in content area by utilizing professional literature research, evidence-based practices, policy and procedure.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize rapidly.
- Demonstrate high attention to detail including editing both the targeted message and spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- Strong instruction and facilitation skills, able to adjust techniques to accommodate individual learners or diverse learning outcomes.
- Three years of current operating room experience in the scrub role and/or three years of current experience as an instructor in Surgical Technology or a combination of both. Must have flexibility in work schedule, may need to work some evening hours and travel to clinical sites is expected.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
5-10 Years Experience
License(s): Certified Surgical Technologist
Travel:Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.