Medical Assistant Job In Michigan City, Indiana
Occ Health Technician IINext Steps... Apply Now
4111 South Franklin Street
Trade School / Certification Required
WHAT WE NEED
Efficient health care techs
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Exceptional quality health care doesn’t happen by luck; it happens because there is a team of health care professionals working together – each doing their own job to the highest standards and working together for a common goal. Health Care Technicians are an important part of this care team – treating each patient’s individual needs, documenting care, and supporting our medical staff.
Do you have excellent follow-through skills? Are you organized and able to multi-task? Do you love caring for people? Would you like to work in a place that values your skills and believes that serving with faith is the best possible way to serve? We have a team of people waiting for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Perform and/or assists with necessary clinical assessments and data collections.
- Administer medications and vaccinations.
- Assist with suturing, pap smears, physical examinations.
- Prepare patient for examination and perform necessary clinical procedures.
- Collect and properly document DOT and Non DOT Drug Screens Chain-of-Custody. Perform breath alcohol testing in accordance with policy and Federal Regulations.
- Answer phones, call customers or patients, fax reports, filing, emails, etc.
- Greet patients, scheduling labs, appointments and any follow-up with patients.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Interact with others in a calm, friendly and caring manner.
- Active listening skills and empathy toward others.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to follow well-defined instructions and comply with regulations, standards and procedures.
- Maintain effective working relationships with patients, physicians, and other office staff
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
1-3 Years Experience
License(s): Medical Assistant (Certified or Registered preferred or willing to obtain within 6 months of employment)
Certification(s): CPR required, TB and Phlebotomy preferred or willing to obtain
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.