Medical Technician/Technologist Job In Munster, Indiana
Infection PreventionistNext Steps... Apply Now
Infection Prevention and Control
701 Superior Avenue
WHAT WE NEED
Infection control freaks
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Sometimes the term “control freak” is used negatively. In this job? It’s exactly what we need. The Infection Preventionist is our go-to resource for all infection control issues. It requires staying on top of what’s happening in the hospital as well as the world around us. Surveillance, reporting, and ongoing education are all parts of this important role.
Are you a good team player? Can you absorb information quickly and then use that knowledge to take appropriate action? Are you organized? Do you have strong communication skills? These are the factors we’re seeking for this position.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsible for preparing required reports in a timely manner.
- Report communicable disease within the time requirements of the ISDH and other accrediting organizations.
- Serve as a resource for the hospital on bio-terrism and pandemic flu planning.
- Complete surveillance of patient infections.
- Round on nursing and environmental units.
- Keep current on guidelines and regulations regarding infection control and prevention.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Maintain a positive approach, work cooperatively with others, and demonstrate a constructive response to criticism and works with others as a team.
- Perform work with regard to quality standards and regulatory compliance. Communicate deviation from standards and regulations to appropriate personnel.
- Demonstrate organization and attention to detail
- Demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to learn. Maintain a positive attitude regarding change.
- Verbal expression is clear, positive, and appropriate. Write clear grammatical thoughts in a legible and understandable manner.
- Communicate to the appropriate audience and alters communication style according to the audience. Seek clarification when necessary
- Take needed action without direct instructions.
- Promptly and accurately carry out tasks with minimal follow up.
- Achieve APIC training, EP1 within the first year of employment.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
3-5 Years Experience
License(s): Registered Nurse
Travel:Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.