Radiologic Technologist Job In Tacoma, Washington
Mammo techs needed! One Fulltime and one On-CallNext Steps... Apply Now
Tacoma, Washington, 98401, United States
Position Title: Mammo techs needed! One Fulltime and one On-Call
Company Name: TRA Medical Imaging
Job Type: Full-Time
Positions : Mammo Techs - 1 Fulltime and 1 On-Call
To enjoy successful employment with TRA-MINW you must exhibit a strong work ethic, conduct yourself with honesty and integrity in all aspects of your position. Be able to conduct our business, keeping patients as our central focus. Stay familiar with and adhere to company Standards of Behavior and Code of Conduct Policy while always being sensitive to confidentiality. Understand that accuracy, professionalism, thoroughness and compliance with specifications according to departmental and company expectations are requirements of your position. You must listen to and understands the needs of the patient or customer, whether inside or outside the company and respond to those needs; uses collaborative solutions in problem-solving as appropriate; delivers work product and services in a way that reflects the company's mission, vision, and values.
Performs mammographic functions in accordance with ARRT/ACR standards and ethics. The Mammo tech complies with company policies and procedures to include regulatory changes and prescribed safety standards with the needs of the patient and physician in mind. Responsibilities include integrating scientific knowledge and technical skills with effective patient interaction to provide quality patient care, and useful diagnostic information.
Essential Job Functions
1. Provides patient care in accordance with the mission statement of TRA-MINW.
2. Rotate shifts and work place as needed.
3. Prepares patients for mammography exams with thorough explanations of the procedures and clear instructions.
4. Obtains a thorough patient history as it relates to the exam to be completed.
5. Accurately implements the orders of the referring physician, producing mammograms with minimum patient exposure and repeatability.
6. Maintains high standards regarding the accurate recording of patient information.
7. Presents high quality radiographs and pertinent patient history to radiologist for interpretation.
8. Utilizes accurate written and oral communications with patients, physicians, co-workers and supervisors.
9. Performs necessary computer functions associated with patient exam (RIS, MRS, Replica, and PACS).
10. Keeps work area and patient exam areas neat and stocked with appropriate supplies
11. Participates in orientation, staff meetings, and in-service training for personnel
12. Maintains a professional demeanor with confidentiality
13. Is prompt and efficient with minimal absences.
14. Cooperates and maintains good rapport with co-workers to ensure proper patient care and efficient workflow.
15. Provides accurate information to key customers.
16. Check Outlook e-mail daily.
17. Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
For regular Mammo Tech, use this link to apply:
Mammo Tech, On Call:
- ARRT Advanced certification in Mammography ARRT (M)
- Must be and maintain compliant with all CME, education, certification requirements and provide documentation
- ARRT, Registered Mammography Technologist (M), with WA State licensure
- A valid driver's license and auto insurance in good standing is mandatory
- Current BLS certification required
- Maintains a professional demeanor with confidentiality
- Proficient in the use of computers and computer information systems
- Meet and support the workflow demands of a fast paced, customer focused service environment in clinic setting
- Utilizes accurate written and oral communications with patients, physicians, co-workers and supervisor
- Maintains high standards regarding the accurate recording of patient information.
- Is prompt and efficient with minimal absences
- Cooperates and maintains good rapport with co-workers and ensures proper patient care and efficient workflow
- Ability to demonstrate effective customer service skills, using AIDET/4 As
- Ability to work effectively in teamwork environment and have respectful behavior while working as a team with co-workers
- Communicate professionally with other medical facilities, patients, and customers
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and carry out instructions effectively
- Must possess excellent verbal communication skills; good organization skills
Work is classified as moderate in physical requirements. Must be able to support or lift patients of varying weight. Ability to stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time. Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction. Also requires manual dexterity sufficient to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard. Possible exposure to communicable disease. Ability to see within normal range.
Work requires high attention to detail and the ability to handle mentally stressful situations. The ability to maintain high level of sensitivity towards confidential information is also required.
Work environment consists of normal office or administrative working conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.