Radiologic Technologist Job In Michigan City, Indiana
Mammography TechnologistNext Steps... Apply Now
3500 North Franciscan Way
Days; Evenings; Nights; Weekends
Bachelor's PreferredWHAT WE NEED
Caring, precise mammography techsWHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
If you’re a woman you know that a mammogram is not generally a pleasant experience. Want to know what makes a huge difference in that experience? The Mammography Technologist. Your role can make a day brighter, reassure someone who is nervous, and ensure that the best images are taken for diagnosis. At Franciscan Health, you get to do all that in an environment that incorporates a strong faith into everything we do. It’s not just a technologist job, it’s a role of compassion.
Can you clearly and pleasantly prepare a patient for a mammogram? Are you precise with your work and able to operate breast imaging equipment? Can you accurately follow procedures? We have a special place for your skills.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assess patient’s medical condition, age, size and other related medical conditions to determine if patient is able to undergo mammography examination and to how best to obtain optimal results/images
- Corroborate patient’s clinical history with procedure. Assure information is documented and available for use by a licensed practitioner.
- Prepare patient for procedure; provide instructions to obtain desired results, gain cooperation and minimize anxiety. Utilize scripting to assure clear and consistent communication.
- Select and operate breast imaging equipment and associated devices to achieve desired results.
- Position patients and equipment to best demonstrate anatomic areas of interest, respecting patient ability and comfort.
- Immobilize patient as required for appropriate examination, explaining the need for breast compression during mammography.
- Verify informed consent and assist a licensed practitioner with interventional procedures, needle localization, aspirations, biopsies, and galactograms.
- Assume responsibility for mammography equipment and reports equipment malfunction.
- Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, ask questions as appropriate, and not interrupt at inappropriate times.
- Be aware of others' reactions and understand why they react as they do.
- Talk to others to convey information effectively.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
1-3 Years Experience
License(s): ARRT-R; Mammography; Radiology Technologist
Certification(s): Basic Life Support Program
Travel:Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.