Medical Research Job In San Francisco, California
Clinical Education Liaison (CEL) / Medical Science Liaison (MSL)Next Steps... Apply Now
Category Medical Science Liaison
Program: Clinical Education Liaisons
Reports To: CEL Field Manager (NFM)
Territory: Northern California / SF Bay Area
Title: Clinical Education Liaison (CEL)
The Clinical Education Liaison will represent client and its approved rheumatology product.
The CEL will be aligned with the client field medical function, working closely with the client field commercial and Medical teams, and responsible for interacting with a targeted and CEL identified list of external HCPs in a defined territory. The CEL will be primarily responsible for conducting presentations to HCPs (in 1:1 or group settings) of approved efficacy and safety information. In addition, the field medical staff will respond to scientific exchange in specifically defined disease and investigational compounds or research areas if applicable.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts presentations of approved efficacy and safety information to HCPs (in 1:1 or group settings) identified and prioritized in collaboration with client commercial field force.
- Accurately responds to on-label and off-label medical questions from HCPs in accordance with approved client guidance for the CELs, and applicable laws, regulations and ethical standards and by using approved content
- Participates in required therapeutic training and demonstrates competency in communicating information on disease area and mechanism of action
- Able to retain and relay information from key publications.
- Documents all interactions and activities in appropriate databases, retaining and submitting required expenses and meeting defined qualitative and quantitative objectives.
- Possesses an understanding of the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry
- Adheres to and manages travel and expenses to meet client and BESTMSLs policies
- Complies with all approved client and BESTMSLs guidance, policies, and rules governing the implementation of the CEL role including but not limited to interactions with HCPS, client field teams (medical and commercial), and handling customers' unsolicited medical requests for on and/or off-label information
Internal and External Contacts/Customers
- Rheumatology HCPs
- Medical/ Field Medical (disease and Brand Leads, Field Medical Management)
- Commercial (Territory Business Managers (TBMs) District Business Managers (DBMs) Regional Business Directors (RBDs)
- Legal and Compliance
- PharmD, PhD, or MD preferred
- RPh, RNs, NPs, PAs with Rheumatology clinical and field medical experience may be considered.
- Ideal candidate would have a minimum of two years pharmaceutical industry work experience following degree completion.
- Ideal candidate to demonstrate business acumen and both Rheumatology and pharmaceutical experience.
- Ability to quickly and comprehensively learn about new subject areas and environments.
- Ability to take and follow direction from leadership
- Working knowledge of and ability to perform consistent with regulatory and compliance requirements
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to travel, locally and regionally, up to 70%.
- Valid driver's license.
- Self starter, Ability to work independently and to integrate/work in cross functional networks/matrix
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.