General/Adult Psychiatry Job In Milwaukie, Oregon
Psychiatrist needed for an ongoing locum opportunity in Oregon
This job was posted 5 days ago. Be one of the first 5 applicants.
Job Quick Facts
* Specialty: Psychiatry
* Facility Location: Milwaukie, OR
* Board Requirement: BC/BE (if BE; within 1 yr of residency)
* Fellowship preferred
* Certification Requirement: BLS
* License Requirement: OR
* Reason for Need: Vacancy - Long-Term Permanent Search
* Service Setting: Inpatient/Outpatient
* Coverage Period: Oct. 5, 2020 - Ongoing
* Coverage Type: Scheduled Clinical Hours + Call
* Shift Schedule:
- Hospital: Mon-Fri (8a-5p); Wed (8a-1p)
- Clinic: Wed-Thurs (1p-5p; Thurs optional)
- Surgical Center: Tues (7a-11a; optional)
* Call Schedule: 1 in 4 weekdays; 1 in 6-8 weekends
- Hospital: Sat-Sun; as scheduled
* Call Type: Beeper
* % of Practice: Adult: 100%, Outpatient: 15%; Inpatient: 85%; Crisis Intervention: 5%
* Patients per day:
- Clinic: 4; Scheduled: 3; Add-ons: 1
- Acute Psych Unit: 8-10
* Admissions: Acute Psych Unit - 1
* Time allotted per patients: Med Checks (30-45 mins); New evals (70-90 mins)
* Physicians in Group: 4; Mid-levels - 3
* Lab on-site
* No. of Beds: Hosp - 35; Psych - 19; Seclusion Rm - 1
* Support Staff:
- 3 RNs on inpatient at all times
- Charge RN part of this group
- Nursing supervisor (1-2) present on unit during the week
- 3-4 LCSWs present on weekdays
- 2 therapy staff on weekdays
- Ratio of patient to CNAs 1:3.
* Hospital privileges required: Yes
* Time needed to obtain privileges: 30-90 days
* Other info:
- May need to consult on psych patients in med/surg and/or ED
- No pediatric patients within inpatient hospitalization unit.
- Prefers ECT ability to practice and ability/strong interest in TMS and/or Ketamine therapy for future neurostimulation endeavors
- Security is available 24/7 for patient care acuity using "Code Grey" procedure
* Travel, lodging, and malpractice insurance covered
Adelphi Medical Staffing places physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners for healthcare employers nationwide. We place both full-time and locum tenets opportunities.
Behind every placement is a staff member dedicated to getting it right. Our team of recruiters, consultants and support staff ensures that every provider and client receives excellent customer service. Connecting with each provider’s unique story so that they can find the right job for their lifestyle separates us from other staffing firms.
Learn more at AdelphiMedicalStaffing.com so we can find the job that’s just right for you.