Information Technology Job In Troy, Michigan
Technical Support EngineerNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Leah Larson: Sign in to view
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission – “Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services” – Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on “We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services” “We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients” & “We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society”, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
The Technical Support Engineer acts as the users’ single point of contact for IT support and works with various aspects of our IT environment, including major project involvement with server, network, and database solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivers timely remote and onsite technical support for end users via phone, email, and IM, and implement corrective solutions
- Attains a high first level call closure rate by using a wide range of remote software tools to troubleshoot and resolve desktop, server, and network problems
- Independently investigates possible solutions to previously unseen issues
- Identifies opportunities and recommend/implement solutions for improving service efficiency
- Works with various groups in the organization to develop and implement IT and business projects as required
- Trains users on various technologies
- Works with outside vendors to coordinate efforts towards supporting business initiatives, as part of projects
- Develops and maintains formalized documentation to assist in quickly closing calls, including Help Desk Procedures, tech tips, and knowledge bases
- Builds and configures desktops, laptops, and tablets
- Active Directory and Exchange account administration
- Escalate, as appropriate, to management or other teams any incident needing additional resources or management awareness, maintaining ownership of the call and closing the call with the user within established SLAs
- Available for 24x7 rotating on-call shift
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of work experience in a fast-paced Helpdesk working on a variety of items
- Must have the ability to prioritize and complete multiple jobs simultaneously
- Team-oriented, good at sharing and asking for help when needed
- Self-motivating, needs to be able to stay on task and work diligently without constant supervision
- Proficiency in Windows desktop operating systems, Microsoft Office, and Active Directory
- Proficiency with Laptops, Desktops, and Tablets
- Proficiency in hardware and application software including, but not limited to, VPN, network printers/copiers, Outlook, network connectivity, and PC hardware repair and upgrades
- Solid foundational understanding of networking concepts
- Experience with basic server troubleshooting
- Experience with Active Directory Security Administration and Group Policy
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Microsoft certification
- Experience with Exchange
- Experience with Active Directory Sites and Services
- Experience in Windows server 2008 and 2012
- Experience with VMWare Virtualization
- Experience with PowerShell Scripting
- Experience with Mobile Device Management (MDM)
With more than 2000 employees across the country, USMM promotes an environment that is rooted in supporting the home-based, patient centered care that our family of companies provides.