Non-Clinical Entry Level Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Patient Access Supervisor - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
In a career as a Patient Access Supervisor, you join us in changing the way America cares for children and families. In this role, you will be responsible for supervision and oversight of Patient Access & Admitting scheduling, registration, discharge, point of service collections and posting services performed by Patient Access Specialists across all clinic and hospital-based locations. Develops and maintains working relationships with other departments and leaders to ensure effective Patient Access and Admitting functions are contributing to a most efficient and effective patient workflow resulting in the best possible patient care experience.
Schedule: Full Time, Monday- Friday; 8:00am - 5:00pm; Depending on needs, evening/weekends may be required. Location: Boys Town Nation Research Hospital - 139th St. and Pacific Street.
• Facilitates and provides direct oversight to Patient Access and Admitting operations both on-site and off-site for BTNRH Clinics and Hospital.
• Accountable for providing ample orientation and ongoing training of Patient Access Specialist as well as clinical Access team members as needed.
• Oversees all registration and scheduling functions to ensure the highest efficiencies and customer service standards are maintained for all visitors presenting to BTNRH.
• Works closely with manager, nursing supervisor and designated physician leaders and/or clinicians to ensure that operating standards, policies and procedures are consistently interpreted and applied in all BTNRH Clinics and Admitting locations.
• Facilitates the escalation or resolution of customer service issues in a timely and professional manner. Ensures adequate staffing ratios at clinic and hospital admitting locations in place to handle various patient and service demands paying close attention to clinic schedules and volume trending.
• Actively fosters excellent teamwork to assist in achieving the mission offering assistance to solving complex problems while responding effectively to crises and unplanned events in a timely and confidential manner.
• Oversees the interviewing, selection, evaluation of performance and coaching of Patient Access Specialists. • Ensures proper supervision of daily activities of all Patient Access Specialists, providing coaching, mentoring, and discipline as necessary, for optimal performance and an overall positive patient care experience.
• Tracks, trends and analyzes Patient Access front-end workflows, staffing patterns, productivity and quality results implementing changes when appropriate to fix issues, or identifying educational opportunities as they are identified at an individual, site specific or full team level.
• Ensures departmental compliance with State, Federal and The Joint commission regulations and site readiness. • Manages direct report timecards on a weekly basis, adjusting staffing needs, minimizing overtime situations and consulting employees of discrepancies when identified.
• Performs regular review and maintenance of physician, surgical and planned ancillary service schedules ensuring accuracy and resource availability.
• Monitors daily bed census and serves as a liaison to the bed management team and/or charge nurse to validate bed assignments and readiness for incoming admissions.
• Provides additional oversight to interpretive services ensuring proper mechanisms are in place to schedule and coordinate services as identified needed for patients and families.
• Monitors, reports and makes recommendations to Manager for modifications as needed to incoming call lines ensuring calls are answered in a timely manner, correct information is shared and in a professional and courteous manner with resolution reached prior to the end of call or transfer.
• Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Associates degree in business, healthcare or related field, preferred; would consider CHAA or CHAM certification in lieu of degree.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in physician and/or hospital front-office setting, including experience with 3rd party payers, customer service, quality assurance, collections, registration and/or admitting.
• Must have knowledge of medical terminology, abbreviations, anatomy & physiology and diseases.
• Must possess supervisory ability acquired through a minimum of 2 years direct supervisory work experience.
• Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
• Must have experience with software applications as they apply to the computerized patient record.
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: February 15, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.