Vidant Medical Group and Vidant Cancer Care, located in Greenville, North Carolina, is seeking a BC/BE Gynecologic Oncologist to join their multidisciplinary team of expert cancer specialists. This opportunity is available due to programmatic expansion.
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group with competitive salary and benefits package to include productivity and quality incentives
- Hospital privileges at Vidant Medical Center, a level 1 trauma, 974 bed Academic Medical Center, 2nd largest in NC
- State-of-the-art equipment including two Da Vinci Xi robots with teaching console, Gamma Knife, a M6 Cyber Knife with Accuray technology and a full spectrum of radiology services
- Comprehensive cancer services for the Vidant Cancer Care team include medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, benign and malignant hematologists, surgical oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, interventional radiologists, established hematology oncology fellowship program, OB/GYN residents and patient navigators
- Clinical practice with teaching service including residents, APPs and nurses
- Only American College of Surgeons (ACoS) Commission on Cancer (COC) accredited Academic Comprehensive Cancer Centers (ACAD) in eastern North Carolina
- Participation in a 9-hospital system of cancer care with 5 COC accredited sites sharing a common medical record and planned COC Network status in 2020
- Established clinical trials program through Vidant Health and ECU School of Medicine; Members Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
- Referral network includes 29 county area with a population of 1.4 million people
- Check out our excellent work / life balance video – here
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package to include: annual administrative stipend, relocation assistance, vacation, sick, and holidays, malpractice (with tail), 401k, 457b, medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- BC in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellowship training in Gynecologic Oncology from the American Board of OB/GYN
- Robotic competency sufficiently documented to obtain hospital privileges
Vidant Cancer Care is Vidant Health’s system-wide approach to eliminating cancer throughout eastern North Carolina, one patient at a time. Vidant Cancer Care at the Eddie and Jo Allison Smith Tower in Greenville, located on the campus of Vidant Medical Center, serves as the hub of Vidant Cancer Care across the system. The 418,000-square-foot facility features 96 inpatient rooms, 60 infusion areas with a view of outdoor healing gardens and 58 different clinics centered on patient care. ,An image renewal center provides access to wigs, prosthetics, compression sleeves and garments. A resource center offers additional services to patients and families, including psychotherapy, support groups and complementary therapies.
Vidant Health is a mission-driven, 1,712-bed health system that serves more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is made up of 15,000 employees, 9 hospitals, home health, hospice, wellness centers, and Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician and provider group with more than 550 providers in more than 100 practice sites in eastern North Carolina. Vidant is affiliated with The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. As a major resource for health services and education, Vidant has a mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina. For more information, visit www.vidanthealth.com.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. , Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play! Find Yourself in Good Company!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.