Housekeeping and Environmental Services Job In Rolla, Missouri
Environmental Services ManagerNext Steps... Apply Now
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
- The Environmental Services Manager is responsible for the supervision of housekeeping and linen services, to include: supervisors, training staff, planning, organizing, work schedules and special projects.
- Monitors daily operations of the Environmental and the Linen Services Departments as directed.
- Schedules staff effectively to appropriately cover facility’s needs.
- Participates in daily and weekly inspections to evaluate the condition of the facilities to determine special needs and problem areas. Arranges special projects as requested.
- Manages employees and team performance; provides new employee orientation; trains or provides adequate training for employees; coaches, counsels; evaluates employees; investigates complaints or performance concerns; recommends and administers disciplinary action as needed in consultation with Director and Human Resources.
- Maintains Environmental Services Department in a neat, orderly manner. Monitors daily cleaning and maintenance of housekeeping equipment.
- Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards (professional attire and behavior), stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- High School graduate or equivalent required. An intermediate level of business or general knowledge that would normally be acquired through completion of an Associate Degree in Business or Hospitality Management is preferred.
- 3 to 5 years housekeeping experience preferred. 1-2 years of supervisory experience required.
- Environmental Services Certification preferred.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic math tasks. Good communications skills. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions. Ability to organize work. Must be able to stoop, bend, reach, twist, lift weights up to 40 pounds, push linen carts weighing 300 lbs. Advanced or proficient computer skills. Excel proficiency required. Long periods of standing and walking. Ability to learn and follow hospital and Environmental Services policies and procedures. Ability to use chemicals and operate housekeeping equipment safely.
- May encounter unpleasant conditions, offensive odors, body fluids. Potential exposure to infectious diseases. Exposure to housekeeping and floor finishing chemicals, slick or wet floor surfaces. Employee may work in an area that contains medications.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.