Maintenance Job In Rolla, Missouri
This job was posted 7 days ago. Be one of the first applicants.
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
- The Boiler Engineer will perform preventative and corrective maintenance on various equipment and systems related to the Energy Center and infrastructure of the hospital and Medical Office Building.
- Provides up-dates and follow-up to departments and staff who request services from Pant Operations.
- Communicates effectively, positively and respectfully to patients, visitors, supervisors and co-workers.
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on boiler and HVAC systems and equipment, maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Performs complete operational and serviceability checks on systems to insure safe efficient and economical operation of all areas of the facility.
- Assists with routine maintenance as needed throughout building as time permits.
- Works with architects, contractors, material and equipment vendors in procuring supplies needed to maintain equipment.
- Makes sure that safety precautions and standards are used at all times and uses Personal Protective Equipment when needed or as directed.
- Keeps Energy Center, work areas, and assigned storage areas neat, clean, organized and free of clutter.
- Participates in quality improvement measures as directed, insures that department meets codes and compliance issues with all regulatory agencies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Graduate of vocational technical training or two years of experience with industrial maintenance.
- Two years of HVAC troubleshooting with single duct HVAC systems, commercial air handlers and fan coil units. Ability to operate chillers & boilers required. Trouble shooting DDC controls and experience with building automation systems, (Ex: Alerton, Siemens and Tac-Vista.) Familiarity with fire alarm systems.
- Universal Refrigeration EPA License acquired within first year of employment.
- Standing, walking, sitting, lifting ability up to 75 lbs. good eye sight and a steady hand, perform under stress. Required to be fit-tested, pass the test, and be able to wear N-95 mask at any and all times as needed unless you have a medical excuse. A forced-air respirator may be needed when Boiler Engineers are working in a confined space.
- May come in contact with patients. Will encounter unpleasant conditions and exposure to heat, cold, noise, dirt, inclement weather, chemicals and gases, water, fumes, overhead pipes, infectious disease or hazardous w
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.