General Patient Care Job In Rolla, Missouri
Patient Care Assistant- ASU
This job was posted 7 days ago. Be one of the first applicants.
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
Under the general supervision of a licensed nurse (RN, LPN, shift manager), the Patient Care Assistant (PCA) provides direct patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Follows established hospital policy regarding patient safety measures such as infection prevention, safe patient handling and movement, notification of the licensed nurse when patient condition changes to insure that patient care is provided in an optimally safe environment.
2. Provides basic patient care duties under the supervision of a licensed nurse such as, but not limited to: vital signs, glucometer checks, toileting, feeding, bathing, and activity measures, etc. All actions are performed within the guidelines established in hospital policy and procedure. These actions will support quality outcomes and patient safety.
3. Works collaboratively with nursing staff to care for the basic needs of each patient and quickly respond to patient requests to insure patient safety and enhance the patient's experience.
4. Documents accurately and efficiently all patient care activities realizing the importance of documentation in clinical decision making of other health care team members.
5. Communicates to appropriate team member's pertinent patient information in order to improve patient outcomes and quality care.
6. Adapts to change in a positive and professional manner in an attempt to support the hospital mission, vision, and values. Follows all hospital policies in regards to appearance, behavior, and attendance.
High school diploma or GED preferred.
Minimum Work Experience
One year experience and certification preferred. Refer to Certifications and Licenses for more detail.
If uncertified and less than one year experience, may attend PCRMC PCA Academy for training or obtain certification as Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). American Heart Association Basic Life Support
Considerable mental concentration required. Lifting up to 35 lbs., turning activities and nearly constant walking required. Standing, turning, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching.
Frequent exposure to infectious disease and hostile persons at times. Frequent exposure to communicable disease via blood and other body fluids. Minimal physical discomfort.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.